#1 irobot

irobot

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hi All

I recently procured a used (like new!) condition Duoverb amp head.

My question - Is it normal to have drops in volume when switching between the different amp models?

(Like when switching from one of the big Marshall amps down to a Fender tweed) I'm familiar enough with Line 6 amps to think the answer is yes, but would like to get some responses from the other users out there.

Thanks!

-Mike

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

i will assume yes. because if i change patches on my pod, and not having saved that patch with the volume lowered, i get a scary loud volume increase most times. that's the way line6 has the volume stored on presets. why. i don't know. you would think they would have them set at a lower volume. by the way good choice of equipment,  :)

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 sliding_billy

sliding_billy

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:18 AM

In my experience with the DV (I currently have one, and have had 2 others including the HD) and other Line 6 amps, yes this is normal.

#4 irobot

irobot

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:02 AM

Thanks for the responses.

This amp sounds spectaular, by the way. Doesn't have all the high-tech whiz effects which can cause headaches . . Just great sounding reverb.

-Mike

#5 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for the responses.

This amp sounds spectaular, by the way. Doesn't have all the high-tech whiz effects which can cause headaches . . Just great sounding reverb.

-Mike

yeah man. i remember testing one at gc. didn't have the cash then, if i did it was coming with me!

I'M SO HAPPY!

#6 gubble

gubble

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Hi - I've also recently found a Duoverb Head and a 4x12. Like new got a unbelievably good deal on it.

The volume thing appears to be perfectly normal.

Loving the sound of the amp - it's fantastic for live work. I wanted a half stack setup, which would cope with venues from small pubs up to larger clubs.

It didn't howver come with the Amp 1 / Amp 2 switch - which i'd really like to find.

#7 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

it didn't however come with the Amp 1 / Amp 2 switch - which i'd really like to find.

can;t you use this?

http://line6.com/footcontrollers/

I'M SO HAPPY!

#8 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15360 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

you can use the current FBV MKII (or its earlier non MKII version) which would do alot more.

I think it did come with the amp 1/2 switch, but you'd likely have a hard time finding the original...

however, i believe that it was just a standard latching footswitch, so you should be able to use many alternatives.

#9 gubble

gubble

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

Thanks guys - i'll have a look around on ebay etc and see what i can find - might even try a standard 2 button switch.

I have the FBV Express which does 99% of the features the amp has just not the Amp 1 / Amp 2 bit - which i love using for a boost on lead tones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users