Photo

Bluetooth connects but can't check or update firmware??

Best Answer madkrafter , 14 May 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Triryche. I had to forget it, quit the app several times and power cycle the amp once or twice and it finally synced up!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 madkrafter

madkrafter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:26 PM

I just got the AMPLIFi 75 and downloaded the iOS app. I'm running an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.1. The bluetooth pairs and streams music to the amp fine, but the main menu of the app says AMPLIFi (none).

When I click on "Settings", under Updates/Device Flash, it says Device Flash Version: No Device. Under Devices, it lists the AMPLIFi. So it seems to be connected... but not connected! What gives!? I've rebooted, re-paired, re-downloaded, power cycled, but I can't see what firmware version it is or update the firmware. I've attached screenshots. Am I missing something?

Attached Files

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:42 AM

Did you try forgetting the device then rediscovering it?

#3 madkrafter

madkrafter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:25 PM   Best Answer

Thanks Triryche. I had to forget it, quit the app several times and power cycle the amp once or twice and it finally synced up!

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5112 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:27 AM

That happened to me once after pairing the FX100 to a Kindle.

I didn't know at first that closing the app wasn't necessarily quitting the app.

I had to double click home and discard the running app.

#5 madkrafter

madkrafter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Exactly. For the sake of others with similar problems, when having app issues, double clicking the home button and swiping up (on an iPhone at least) acts like a "force quit"/ reboot. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users