3 replies to this topic

#1 RichG

RichG

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:38 AM

I'm thinking about moving over to AA rechargeables in all my XD-V70 mics and TPB12 transmitters.  I'm concerned about fit.  Does anyone have any first hand experience they can offer regarding which batteries to get that will fit properly and get through a minimum of 5 hours of operation.

I'm considering the Eneloop batteries because they appear to be readily available.  I'm also considering these PowerEx because of their higher capacity.

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2689 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

My experience has been that anything that has more the 2600mAh capacity will have a diameter too large to fit in the belt packs.  A "AA" battery is supposed to be 13.5mm in diameter with a tolerance that allows 14.5.  Many batteries that call themselves "AA" are simply too large.  The issue with  wireless mics is that the battery needs to be very tight so that it doesn't get shaken enough to break contact but still is removable.  It's a tightrope that you walk in design.

#3 anacondaq

anacondaq

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

I have 40 of both the standard eneloop batteries and the XX version. The XX version are too wide to properly fit in the line 6 packs, and get quite stuck however the white 1900/2000 mah version work just fine. I mutalated quite a few of the XX's trying to get them out of the TPB12's.  It is suggested to use rechargeable batteries 2500mah plus which is why i got them, however from my experience the 1900mah batteries are far more than adequate for a 6 hour period, about what I need them to run for in a theatre show. And when the packs are done for a show, they still read about 5 hours of life left on the packs. Plus they slide in and out easily, and can be recharged 3 or 4 times more than the XX's. 

However, i found i have to tape the enclosure tightly shut to ensure the connection does not become loose whilst the pack is moving around, perhaps the eneloops are slightly shorter but i have not had the chance to put them side by side with the procell's. I have thought i may need to place a small spacer in to ensure that the lid on the pack remains in contact with the battery.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? 

#4 aspin1kr

aspin1kr

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I have been using Ansmann rechargeables for my v70 beltpacks for three years now. They have been tight but the door closes and I can remove them when done. Just to note newer standard size Ansmann do not fit, but they do make a slimline variant that does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users