Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording using HD500

Moutaz

Hi All,

Need your help on how to set my line 6 POD HD500 for recording.

I connect my POD through USB to my computer and it is connected to my amp head( from return to use the amp as monitor only) and then the headphones from the amp head. i have prepared my guitar tones and it sounds great but when i record, the guitars don't sound good.

When i connect my headphones to POD straight it sounds much different.

1) what's the best way to set up my guitar tone, should i connect my headphones to the effect straight and then set up my tones so i could record well. but consider the fact that i play live and i have to use a mixer or an amp to use it as monitor only.

2) While recording how can i connect my headphones to the laptop instead of connecting them straight to POD and make the sound comes out of them( how should i do the settings).

Appreciate the help guys

Moutaz

When recording via the usb connection the HD500 becomes your soundcard; your laptop's internal soundcard is bypassed.

1) Connect your HD500 via usb to your computer. In your DAW, select the HD500 and its ASIO driver as the audio input and output device. Connect your headphones or monitors to the HD500 outputs. Set your HD500 Output Mode to Studio. In your HD500 preset, use the FULL amp model and select desired cab/mic models. You will probably want to use different presets when you play live or use your amp as the monitoring device. The reason that your recorded sound is good but the sound through your amp is not is that you are effectively using two amps: the HD500 amp model and then your real amp. Only the HD500 amp model is recorded; but you are listening to the processing from both amps when you connect your headphones to your amp.

2) While it is possible to set things up so that you can use your internal laptop soundcard (and hence its speakers) you will suffer a significant reduction in sound quality. I don't recommend it.

• Upvote 1

...2) While it is possible to set things up so that you can use your internal laptop soundcard (and hence its speakers) you will suffer a significant reduction in sound quality. I don't recommend it...

u will also experience latency.