Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500.. NO AMPS?!?

destroythevoice

So I am actually very new at this..  And I am just discovering that the Line 6 POD HD500 is capable of being used for gigging without the use of a head or cab... And just directly outputting the sound to the venues PA system...  Is this for real?  I recently saw a band called Twelve Foot Ninja live and they had NO amps on stage... Not a single amp..  All I saw was the POD HD500 and some strange box software on the side..  Not sure if it was to manage their in ear monitors or what..  But is there some sort of trick to this or is it literally THAT easy?  Performing without the use of amps?  This sounds way too good and easy to be true.

Don't expect to just run out and buy a PODHD, flip to a preset, and it sounds great.  You will have to spend time creating tones and that can take some time.  But once you get it dialed in, it does sounds really nice direct or through an amp.

• Upvote 2

That is exactly how I use my HD500x - without an amp.  I go directly to the PA with both My Bands.  Recently played RosFest through a major league house system and got many complements on my tone.  I was onstage with a JTV89F with my band Elephants of Scotland.  Original progressive rock where in some instances I change through 5 different guitar emulations via via the HD500x

• Upvote 3