Photo

So, Where's The Rackmount Kit For The G55?

Best Answer dboomer , 06 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Is there a foreign trade embargo or shortage to Canadian dealers? I just talked with my Long & McQuade rep (Canadian version of guitar center) and have been told the kit won't be available until mid July.

Probably just a slight misunderstanding.  They actually arrived a little ahead of schedule and shipping to Canada requires extra time for customs.  Ask him to order part 98-033-0054.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RipperShred

RipperShred

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Found an old post where they said it would be released in may, and here we are in june and there's still no kit? I'm looking to pull the trigger on a unit, but it's no use to me until I can rackmount it. When's it coming out?

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

I don't know if this may help you in the event that Line 6's rack-mount kit isn't actually imminent: http://www.sweetwate...re/detail/GM4WR, but it may be worth a look if you've other half-rack (or smaller) size gear to lug around, along with other bits and pieces.

#3 RipperShred

RipperShred

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Thanks Ron. However, I've got my rack reduced down to a 6U shallow, and I don't want an extra case, albeit a small one, that I have to carry around. It's hard to wrap your mind around that it isn't out yet, since it's a selling feature they put in print when they released it, and is still in print, and it doesn't seem like a complicated device to produce/manufacture.

#4 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

We have them in stock in our warehouse.

#5 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

That strikes me as being similar to the old pilots' joke about the uselessness of fuel being "back at base when you're airborne"...

Any chance, Don, that all such parts will actually appear here https://www.globalfu...se.aspx?cid=261 so "Line 6 Pilots" have the airborne access we need ? :ph34r:  

#6 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Oh...

...And BTW, RipperShred, it's often struck me that some of the stuff that really does seem as though it should be the simplest to issue also seems to take the longest time to get down the supply chain.

(Don't take my word for it. Just ask any troops who are in a combat zone...)

#7 RipperShred

RipperShred

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:38 PM

I agree Ron. It's great that they have them in their warehouse somewhere, but seeing them in the online store, or anywhere that they can be ordered, really, would be good. I didn't mean to be rude, but if they've got them good to go, why aren't they in the online store / available to retailers / on Ebay /etc. ?

#8 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

They ARE on the way to dealers that have placed orders but not many dealers have standing orders for accessories.  Did you actually place an order somewhere?  We don't put anything on Ebay of course and they will be added to the online store at the next update.  They have only been in stock for a couple of days ... but they are real!

#9 RipperShred

RipperShred

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

That's great news! Now I can order the unit and rackmount kit at the same time! Thanks!

#10 RipperShred

RipperShred

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Is there a foreign trade embargo or shortage to Canadian dealers? I just talked with my Long & McQuade rep (Canadian version of guitar center) and have been told the kit won't be available until mid July.

#11 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

Extensive research by Aussies and Kiwis has unearthed an X-File that reveals the history of that embargo.

Its origin would seem to be vindictive. Apparently it's American revenge for Canadian jokes being funnier than theirs.

For example, the one I quoted earlier that did come from a Canadian aviator:

"The three things of least use to the Pilot In Command:

1. Runway behind the aircraft,
  2. Altitude above the aircraft ...and
  3. Fuel back at base." 

#12 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:10 AM   Best Answer

Probably just a slight misunderstanding.  They actually arrived a little ahead of schedule and shipping to Canada requires extra time for customs.  Ask him to order part 98-033-0054.

#13 davefred99

davefred99

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

I have searched online and have not been able to find any place that lists the rack kits as available and I have not seen any price information . What will the List of MSRP be direct from Line 6 fullfilment ?

#14 scorpdude

scorpdude

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hey all, I just got my kit yesterday. I had to special order it from Guitar Center and after tax and shipping(!) it cost me $91 out the door :( 

I happened to google it today and found online retailers selling them for $54 :(

It's a nice little kit and I'd happily pay $55 for it, but if you are forced to pay $91, its something you can probably build yourself for a lot less with trips to an electroncs store and a little ingenuity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users