Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port no longer working...

Hi all,

In early January I purchased a Sonic Port for my iPhone 4 to use with Mobile POD and GarageBand. Aside from the annoyance of not being able to pair it with GarageBand, I loved the software and the unit. Then, it suddenly stopped working. I don't know how else to describe it. The unit simply isn't functioning...at all. Mobile POD acts like the unit isn't even plugged in. There's no signal and no output. After perusing the forum looking for answers, I see a ton of folks on here who are (or were) in the same boat with Sonic Port and their iOS device. I pray I will fair better. I'm pretty frustrated right now and would love any advice on this from other users before, I take my case to Line 6. FYI: I am using the latest version of iOS for my iPhone 4 = 7.1.1

Thanks so much!

"I don't know if it's because it's an older iPhone, but SonicPort works with Garage Band on the various i5 devices. You just need the Audio Buss app."

I wish you were correct on that, Gear Head. But the fact is that while Apple is advertising the Sonic Port as the centerpiece of the GarageBand app for iPhone 4, et al, the reality is that the older chip set on iPhone 4 doesn't allow you to use both GarageBand and Mobile POD in conjunction with one another using AudioBuss. You can pair them if you have an iPhone 4S, but not an iPhone 4. Looks like false advertising on the part of Apple and L6, but there it is. If anyone knows of a way to pair the 2 apps on an iPhone 4, I'd love to see that solution. Take it from me; It ain't happenin'...unless something has changed in the last 5 mos.

But that is not my reason for posting here. My issue is that I simply can't get the Sonic Port to work with Mobile POD anymore. I have discovered that I can make it work for about 5 secs if I unplug the connector from the SP itself and then plug it back in again. After a few seconds of play, my guitar signal is replaced by a loud, steady and extremely annoying humbuzz which sounds a lot like a male output jack on an instrument cable left unplugged and ungrounded. I have gone ahead and opened a support ticket with Line 6. I will report back here once this is resolved. In the meantime, I welcome any comments which might help me resolve this on my own.