Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switch Setlist with footswitch

Dshow

Hi,

Is it possible to change the setlist with a footswitch?

I mean with the bank selection you can switch through the banks of the actual setlist. But what if I like to change to another setlist.

Can this only done manually with the Preset knob?

Thanks

There's a trick:

1. On the Setup > MIDI page, set MIDI Out/Thru to "OUT"

2. Run a (preferably short) MIDI cable from HD500/500X's MIDI OUT back to its MIDI IN

3. On the MIDI Assign page, from the desired footswitch, set:

• MIDI CH to "Base"

• Message to "Bank Change"

• Bank # to the desired Setlist: Bank #000 is Setlist 1, Bank #001 is Setlist 2, Bank #002 is Setlist 3, and so on

4. From that particular preset, step on the footswitch. POD HD500/500X will jump to the specified Setlist

Of course, this implies that you must program the desired setlist into each and every preset from which you may want to access it.

Alternatively, you can create a "Bank Jump" preset (at, say, 01A in every Setlist), with Footswitches 1-8 assigned to select Setlists 1-8.

Just curious, why would you need to jump setlists at a gig?  not enough patches in one set list to get by until the break? 

If you do jump setlists with the above fix, I assume it goes straight to 01A?  How much delay on the setlist switch?

Not gigging at all at the time - just playing at home. But I switch between the sets quite often (organized in Styles) and have to crawl under the table or open the Edit software.

Can't answer your second question since I haven't tied yet.

Not gigging at all at the time - just playing at home. But I switch between the sets quite often (organized in Styles) and have to crawl under the table or open the Edit software.

Can't answer your second question since I haven't tied yet.

Oh I see. That makes sense. Well a decent workaround to get what you want is to use the computer a little differently to help, if you are using a computer, that is. You can mentally set aside one of your setlists for current projects (or two or whatever), and in the desktop software copy patches your're working on to it from their different styles. You can then copy them back later if you like the changes you made, or just leave them. Then you can export and import whole setlists in the desktop software to make it easy to switch projects. I do things this way. In fact, I backed up all the presets that came with it and pretty much don't use most of them, but they're all saved as setlists.

Just curious, why would you need to jump setlists at a gig?  not enough patches in one set list to get by until the break? 

If you do jump setlists with the above fix, I assume it goes straight to 01A?  How much delay on the setlist switch?

I love your sig and am now working tirelessly in fireworks to copy it shamelessly...