Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-69 and VDI Cable

Is anyone having any issues with the JTV-69 and maintaining connection with VDI.  What I mean is that there are times when it seems the VDI isn't connected all the way.  I can play and you can hear the guitar.  However, the JTV isn't getting the info on pitch or guitar.  If i wiggle it I hear popping sounds and then everything is working correctly.

I purchased a VDI and everything is tighter but it still happens.

I wondering, should I take it to the shop and have the socket on the guitar replaced?

Any thoughts

Could be a faulty cable. Worse case scenario is that it's a faulty jack. My Variax's VDI jack allows headroom to the point where I can pull out the VDI far enough even when it's locked in that it gets disconnected from workbench. I hope that's not the problem for you.Try to switch the cable ends and see if that helps.

That's was my first guess so I purchased a new vdi.  Still happening.  I am starting to think the socket may need to be replaced.

Personally what I did for right now is put some material in the side of the VDI jack so that the VDI cable fits snug without moving easily. Works but you can still pull it far enough for it to disconnect, just is hard to do now.

I suggest you send it in though, I just did what I did because I don't have money for repairs.