Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Blue Screen when trying to change buffer size

Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems with my UX1 TonePort. I have used it for many years now without any problem, but I recently bought a new (better) computer and now there's some huge latency problems, as well as a lot of clipping and things like that.

The BIG issue is, every time I try to change the buffer size (to fix the latency issue) my computer freezes for a second and then I get the blue screen of death.

All drivers are up-to-date and everything is registered correctly. Could it be that my TonePort is just too old? I've had it since 2006, haha.

Would really appriciate any help.

Thanks!

many things get missed when updating drivers...

first try to avoid using a usb 3.0 port... using a 2.0 port is generally more stable...

second google and run slimdrivers, it should help you find any missed driver updates.

you probably have something else on your computer disturbing the audio stream, have you tried running dpc latency checker on it...

you can run that and watch your task manager and you might see what is the problem.

Okay, tried that....according to the DPC, it should work fine. "This machine should be able to handle real-time streaming of audio and/or video data without drop-outs."

I don't get it. I thought it could be my monitors, but they worked perfectly on my other computer.