#1 The_stillborn

The_stillborn

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hi,

I'm having a lot of problems with my UX1 TonePort. I have used it for many years now without any problem, but I recently bought a new (better) computer and now there's some huge latency problems, as well as a lot of clipping and things like that.

The BIG issue is, every time I try to change the buffer size (to fix the latency issue) my computer freezes for a second and then I get the blue screen of death.

All drivers are up-to-date and everything is registered correctly. Could it be that my TonePort is just too old? I've had it since 2006, haha.

Would really appriciate any help.

Thanks!

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15357 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

many things get missed when updating drivers...

first try to avoid using a usb 3.0 port... using a 2.0 port is generally more stable...

second google and run slimdrivers, it should help you find any missed driver updates.

#3 The_stillborn

The_stillborn

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

Tried everything, but nothing works...it just keeps clipping. It even clips when playing music or watching a video on youtube.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15357 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

you probably have something else on your computer disturbing the audio stream, have you tried running dpc latency checker on it...

you can run that and watch your task manager and you might see what is the problem.

#5 The_stillborn

The_stillborn

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

Okay, tried that....according to the DPC, it should work fine. "This machine should be able to handle real-time streaming of audio and/or video data without drop-outs."

I don't get it. I thought it could be my monitors, but they worked perfectly on my other computer.

#6 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

Just for the record, your monitors are connected directly to the UX?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blue, screen, ux1, toneport, pro tools 10, cubase, buffer, latency problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users