#1 mferrand

mferrand

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hey All,

Is there any way to adjust the volume of the individule strings.  The low 'E' on my JTV59 seems to have less volume then the others.  If I turn up the bass on my amp it affects all the strings which I don't want.  I thought there might be an internal adjustment.

Cheers, Mike

#2 LarryLion

LarryLion

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCaledon, Ontario

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:58 AM

Try using a string with higher steel content, failing which, a higher gauge, or raise the action on that string slightly, or a combination of all three (steel+gauge+action).

Larry 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry d'Lion

2012 Line 6 JTV-69

Plus lots of Tele's, Gretsches,

Mesa Boogie amps, Fender Blues Jr.,

... and lots of acoustic stuff

#3 LarryLion

LarryLion

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationCaledon, Ontario

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

Damn, I should have added, that's for the mag pickups.  If you are just using modeling, I'm not sure my suggestion will make any difference at all - you might find something in the Variax WB software, cannot remember.

Larry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Larry d'Lion

2012 Line 6 JTV-69

Plus lots of Tele's, Gretsches,

Mesa Boogie amps, Fender Blues Jr.,

... and lots of acoustic stuff

#4 rlumpkin

rlumpkin

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

There is a universal string volume setting in the Variax workbench for the modeled tones (Larry is correct). 

This will apply for all models - unfortunately you can't set up different volumes for different models.  I wish I could set up a five-string, "blues-G" tele for Keith Richards' songs by setting the 6th string to 0 volume, but this currently isn't an option.

#5 mferrand

mferrand

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

To All,

Yes - this is for modeled versions.  I was hoping maybe on one of the boards there were six tiny adjustments!

Cheers, Mike

#6 nikoniablue

nikoniablue

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSt Albans, England

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:12 AM

There is a universal string volume setting in the Variax workbench for the modeled tones (Larry is correct). 

This will apply for all models - unfortunately you can't set up different volumes for different models.  I wish I could set up a five-string, "blues-G" tele for Keith Richards' songs by setting the 6th string to 0 volume, but this currently isn't an option.

For Keith Richards you could (virtually) tune the sixth string up to G and the rest to regular open G.  That way, if you hit the low E string while doing Rolling Stones impressions it will sound pretty much the same - better for that use than the standard low "D" in open G tuning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users