Photo

Should I Jump From A Vetta To A Dt50/hd500 Setup?

vetta hd 500 dt50

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

I'm learning so much! So if I pull the switch, should I use full model amps on my Pod? Conversely, when the switch is in, should I use pre models? Or does that not matter?
I have never been a rule follower when it comes to music. If it sounds good, I roll with it.

#22 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14880 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:10 AM

doesn't matter... if you pull the switch the amp will internally use the full model, regardless of which one is selected in the pod.

I'm learning so much! So if I pull the switch, should I use full model amps on my Pod? Conversely, when the switch is in, should I use pre models? Or does that not matter?
I have never been a rule follower when it comes to music. If it sounds good, I roll with it.

#23 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

I WANT A DT25 BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND CASH WITH OUT A JOB, SOMEBODY GET ME A JOB!  :angry: please? :(  :wub: 

I'M SO HAPPY!

#24 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

doesn't matter... if you pull the switch the amp will internally use the full model, regardless of which one is selected in the pod.

Thanx!

I WANT A DT25 BUT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND CASH WITH OUT A JOB, SOMEBODY GET ME A JOB!  :angry: please? :(  :wub: 

A job ain't nothin' but WORK! Man...go 'head on and get yourself a DT25. Shoot.... go for the DT50! Why mess around! 

Disclaimer: (To be read really really fast) The advice given is the property of ME and does not reflect the opinions of Line 6 or any of its subsidiaries, You should consult a financial advisor before purchasing a DT25, DT50 or any other Line 6 Product)

But Dude,...Seriously, GO FOR IT!

#25 geppert

geppert

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationRetirementville, Canada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

Anyway, I ended up ordering a Dt25/Hd 500 and they should be here early next week.  I'll report back after I've had a chance to mess with them to give my comparison to a Vetta.  Ultimate test will be later this month when I have an outdoor gig and an indoor gig in the same day.  Hope I don't miss the global EQ too much.  Am I correct in my understanding that the master volume is the only "global EQ" parameter on my new rig, or is there an update to expand this?  If not, any tips to adjust tone to suit the venue that ya'll might have come across would be appreciated!

C.S. ... Congrats on ordering a DT25. Let us know what you think? I LOVE my DT25 head/cab. The available sonic combinations are fantastic. I also have a HD500 but I seem to prefer using the preamps in the amp.

#26 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2715 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

Thanx!

A job ain't nothin' but WORK! Man...go 'head on and get yourself a DT25. Shoot.... go for the DT50! Why mess around! 

Disclaimer: (To be read really really fast) The advice given is the property of ME and does not reflect the opinions of Line 6 or any of its subsidiaries, You should consult a financial advisor before purchasing a DT25, DT50 or any other Line 6 Product)

But Dude,...Seriously, GO FOR IT!

i've consulted my accountant, lawyer and analyst. my accountant advised against it. my lawyer said if i get one we can still sue regardless of the disclaimer and my analyst said you're both crazy :blink:  

I'M SO HAPPY!

#27 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Love it!

i've consulted my accountant, lawyer and analyst. my accountant advised against it. my lawyer said if i get one we can still sue regardless of the disclaimer and my analyst said you're both crazy :blink:  

#28 jws1982

jws1982

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

If I remember correctly, the Vetta head had a 300w power amp section, just to be able to emulate the additional headroom a tube amp provides.  Didn't the combo have a 150w amp?

Oh, and yes, I think the switch from a Vetta to HD500/DTxx combo is worth it.  The modelling in the Vetta was great when it came out (it's still pretty good), but the quality of the newer stuff is a big improvement to me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vetta, hd 500, dt50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users