Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hello!

I have a problem with my XT Live!

Disappeared all model packs (classic, metal, fx) LCD says: standard model set loaded.
Connecting POD via usb it is no longer recognized by PC.

Going to see the last page of "output mode - system" it says:

POD XT LIVE v3.01

USB v 0:00

ESN 00000000

Help me please!

Thank you in advance!

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17756 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Have you had it worked on? Looks like the security chip is missing or bad.

#3 yurikriv

yurikriv

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

Yes, I had. It was good last time I turned it on! After that I don't use it some monthes. And today I have this problem :-(
Please tell me how can I solve the problem with security chip?

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17756 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

in short, you can't really... it would need to go to an authorized service center.

they often come up missing if the board or something else was swapped out.

to my knowledge there is nothing a user can do to fix a security chip issue.

feel free to contact line6 and get a second opinion:

http://line6.com/company/contact/

Yes, I had. It was good last time I turned it on! After that I don't use it some monthes. And today I have this problem :-(
Please tell me how can I solve the problem with security chip?

#5 yurikriv

yurikriv

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

Thanks! But in my case nothing was swapped out. All parts are original.
Problem is that going to service centre is very expensive. Much cheaper is to bye used POD. :-(((

#6 TheStevoKid

TheStevoKid

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Registered Products:3

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

I have the same problem.  I plugged in my xtLive and it connected fine, then I updated the software as per Line6's recommendation and now all my expansion packs are gone and the xt won't connect to my computer via USB.

#7 crice53

crice53

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:03 PM

http://line6.com/sup...manager-faq-r21

My pod did the same this week.(7 years old)  .Apparrently the Monkey does not do the authorising anymore... 

Solved by installing the License Manager and authorising the equipment with it..

#8 TheStevoKid

TheStevoKid

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

I have the exact same problem.  Since I updated Monkey, my xtLive won't connect via USB and all of my expansion packs are gone.  The pedal's been rendered utterly useless.  I have tried everything you guys have recommended and everything else I can think of and.....nothing.  Anybody find any other solutions??  I'm pretty pissed about this and will certainly not be buying anything else from Line6.  Computer updates can't brick my analog pedals!

#9 BillBee

BillBee

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Registered Products:8

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Even running the license manager (not monkey) didn't help? IIRC this can be a bad memory flash and you may have to do a safe mode flash with the file off the hard drive.

http://line6.com/sup...ew/thread/80390

Expansion packs are not gone, they just need to be reauthorized when you can get it to connect.

You should give the L6 guys a call or open a support ticket if our mighty Ubers can't point you in the right direction (IMO they have seen almost every prob that pops up ). 

-B

Smell the glove.

#10 Vin_Dizon

Vin_Dizon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

Hmm...so the latest version of Monkey has bugs for the XT Live?

#11 BillBee

BillBee

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:18 AM

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion but nonetheless to the best of my knowledge "no" the L6 Monkey is cool. 9/10 its either a pc/unit malfunction/configuration issue.

I prefer dl'ing the flashes to the hd then updating from file - superstitious I suppose B)

Smell the glove.

#12 kirbyman89

kirbyman89

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

the support for line 6 stuff is a joke. I still havent had a reply about my pc not recognizing a line 6 pod xt live and what drivers to download to get it to recognize the pod when its plugged in and on. 

#13 BillBee

BillBee

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 October 2015 - 03:43 AM

http://line6.com/software/

Line 6 Monkey is what you want.

Smell the glove.

#14 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2812 posts
  • Registered Products:6

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:16 AM

the support for line 6 stuff is a joke. I still havent had a reply about my pc not recognizing a line 6 pod xt live and what drivers to download to get it to recognize the pod when its plugged in and on.

Did you open a support ticket? I can try and chase it up if you did. Plus if you ask on the forum users with experience can probably guide you too.

#15 tommikoo76

tommikoo76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHELSINKI, FINLAND

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:53 PM

Hi,

I hope you could help me as I have the exact problem BUT, even the Licence Manager can not find my XTL. I don't have the original USB lead anymore so I use a spare one but I don't see that it could be the problem. I've installed several drivers from Monkey, but that don't seem to be the solve for this problem. 

I've tried connecting my XTL to different USB ports on my Mac, XTL is ON when I open Licence Manager, I've tried turning it ON after I've opened the Licence Manager.

I've read tens of of threads here and still can't figure this out! :P So, either it's me or the Mac, or it's a real problem as I've figured out from your posts here. ;)

Amp: Line6 AX 212 + Floorboard

Guitar: Epiphone The Dot Dtudio

Recording: Reaper DAW + Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Generation) audio interface

#16 mdcorrao

mdcorrao

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

I get a message in the window of my XTL  for every preset that reads:

"This tone contains an amp or effect from an expansion pack you do not own. see www.line6.com for info."

I have had my unit since 2006. and this has just came up. I haven't used Monkey since 2006 and it was on another computer so i down loaded the latest version of Monkey and the latest Driver. and it doesn't recognize the connection. i down loaded and installed the driver at least 3 times. I am using the USB connection that I know works since I use it all the time of other connection. (card readers, etc...)

I really like this unit and would hate to replaces it but, it is making some nasty noises and is pretty unusable.

I think this is related to the above string although i am not sure :(

Any advice? I don't have a clue.   

#17 mdcorrao

mdcorrao

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:23 PM

This is the only computer I have. 

#18 mdcorrao

mdcorrao

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:32 PM

Heres some of my system info:

OS Name                                                             Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service                                Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description                                     Not Available

OS Manufacturer                                             Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer                                    System manufacturer

System Model                                                   System Product Name

System Type                                                      x64-based PC

Processor                                                            AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics, 4400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date                                          American Megatrends Inc. 0408, 10/16/2013

SMBIOS Version                                                               2.7

Windows Directory                                         C:\Windows

System Directory                                             C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device                                                        \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale                                                                   United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer                        Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory                                  7.19 GB

Available Physical Memory                          5.26 GB

Total Virtual Memory                                     7.38 GB

Available Virtual Memory                             5.24 GB

Page File Space                                                 200 MB

Page File                                                              C:\pagefile.sys

#19 karbo32

karbo32

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

I have the same problem...my XT Live worked fine till I updated with Monkey...now my PC doesn't read my pedal and my expansion packs ( 200$) disappeared, can't use gearbox or line 6 edit. maybe they did this on purpose to make us buy the new pedals...don't know but seems like it

#20 BillBee

BillBee

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2421 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:12 AM

Did you run the Line 6 License Manager? It authorizes purchases of the model packs for the Pods.

But if you mean you have flash memory problem and the unit does not work you can try a safe-mode reflash.

Q: How do I reflash in "safe mode"?
A: Safe mode can be used when a unit cannot be reflashed using the normal reflash procedure. Hold the first of the four black soft buttons under the main LCD screen as you power on the PODxt. Then, follow the instructions above on how to re-install the flash memory.

But if all else fails a support ticket can be submitted directly to Line 6.

-B

Smell the glove.

#21 eka7283

eka7283

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

Hello!

I have a problem with my XT Live!

Disappeared all model packs (classic, metal, fx) LCD says: standard model set loaded.
Connecting POD via usb it is no longer recognized by PC.

Going to see the last page of "output mode - system" it says:

POD XT LIVE v3.01

USB v 0:00

ESN 00000000

Help me please!

Thank you in advance!

Hi Friend,

I Have the same problem with you. I have Installed all all the software such as Monkey, Line6 Driver. When i connect my XTL, My notebook can recognize it. But when i open Line6 Monkey, my XTL is not recognized. But When I use the LINE6 Gear Box, my unit runs normally. But Gear Box can't be used to set the factory setting, bacause ia want to use Monkey to restore the factory setting. I hope some one could help me with this problem.

Thankyou

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usb