Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Affect of low power mode when L6 Link used?

Palico

My setup basicaly a Dream rig w/ DT25 combo but using a Variax 500 instead of JTV.

Last night at rehersal it seemed I had to turn my master volume kind of high.  So I started looking around at some various settings as it just seemed odd to me. I found the low power switch had been engaged but it didn't light up the "Low Power" on the top of the amp. I unplugged the L6 Link and the low power lights up. So I turn off the amp. Set the switch to normal mode and reconnect the L6 Link. It *seemed* louder to me and I adjusted the amp back to about where I normally have it (about 4 to 5). Everything seemed fine. 

My question is does the lower power mode supposed to even matter when the L6 Link is connected? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Palico,

When ever "Low volume mode" is engaged the DT will quiet down majorly even with L6 link being used, this is a setting thats great to get the full sound you want in a situation where you dont want to wake up the neighbors at 11pm. :D

Follow me on Twitter!: @Line6NBell