Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

heeelp needed!! pod hd 500 + all tube amp engl invader + 4x12 cab

janpuu

Hi there dear gear wizards!!

i have problem with the POD hd 500 when im trying to hook it up with 4 cable method to all tube amp head + 4x12 cab. I have a engl invader 150 and blackstar series one 104 heads. I want to use my tube amb sounds and just get chorus , reverbs , delays ,wah etc from the POD but when i hook up the 4 cable method and select the right input ( stack pwr amp ) + FX loop block from the pod my amps own distortion gets muffled and half of the tone goes missing. i want to keep tube amps own sounds and just color the tone with pod. I dont want to use any cab , amp , pre-amp models from the pod . please help. i want keep using my POD hd 500 wich is really great tool at home and straight to the PA -system aswell.

Thanks 

Jani Puusa

jani.puusa@gmail.com

• 1 month later...

if you do not wish to use amp modeling and have mod, chorus, delay, reverb in the FX loop of your amp, you do not need the 4CM, you can use the HD500 as FX only and use gtr input and regular output in the FX loop of your amp.

^^ well he says he wants wah from the pod too, so that would really need to be out front, requiring 4CM. I found that using 4CM with the Pod HD (pro in my case) just sucks tone. I couldn't live with it, so i started using the pod's amp modeling and ditched the amp head, and all the headaches that go along with integrating the two units.