After an extremely frustrating 6 hours I finally got Monky to work and got my FBV MKii and Spider IV 120 updates to work through trial and error. Now that I finally got it done, I am happy again!
I will share what worked for me and it was not any issues with a firewall, USB cable, new computer or latest version of Windows.
1. Download the monkey software.
2. Restart your computer after downloading monkey.
3. Make sure your FBV MKii is plugged into your amp.
4. UNPLUG any and all extra cables from your amp! Leaving your guitar cable or a 3.5mm cable for an MP3 player plugged into your amp gives Monkey the SH**TZ, causes the error boxes, and will not detect your devices!
5. So now you only have the power cable into your amp and the FBV MKii connected to the amp (no other cables!) turn the amp on.
6. Next plug the USB cable into the FBV MKii then into your laptop and let windows detect it.
7. Open Monkey, let it connect to the servers then it will search for your devices.
8. Now you should get a pop up box listing the FBV MKii and your amp.
9. Click on the FBV MKii to select it.
11. Sign in using u=your username and password to get permission to update.
10. Complete your FBV MKii updates.
This was the only way I could get mine to work and not get the errors or have Monkey not detect my devices. After updating your FBV MKii and if you have an amp that needs updating, close monkey, shut the amp off, unplug your USB from your computer, and go back to step 2. Follow the same sequence only this time you will select your amp to update from the pop up box.
Hope this helps some of you folks experiencing the same issues I had.