Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effect volumes way too high...help!!

mattheworge

Hey,

I am using a jsx 200 with an orange 2x12 combo.

When I run the m13 with let's day digital delay and some reverb, the output volumes are way too high. Even at just 1/4 output on delay the playback is louder than the initial note.

I am having a really hard time fiddling with such a touch effects volume and have to keep it just under 10% to have it where I would like it. If I were to turn the delay and verb up to max it would be so overdone and likely almost 10 times the guitar volume on playback.

How can I run this so the effects output from the m13 is way lower and I have more control over them?

Hey Matt,

You're noticing this issue with delays and reverbs due to putting them infront of the amp, which when amplified wtih gain gives an over the top result. These kinds of effects you'll want to run into your JSX 200's FX return/send.

Page 9 of the Manual gives a great diagram of the "4 cable method". This give syou the ability to run FX such as verbs and delays in the FX loop while having FX such as drives and wah wahs going in front of the amp. http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d113a6507f344f15dcc/application/pdf/M13%20Stompbox%20Modeler%20Users%20Manual%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20D%20%29.pdf

• Upvote 1

The 4 cable method is one of the best things about  using the M13.It works very well with my Marshall JCM800 4010 combo/Fender HRDLX and BDRI combos and my Egnater Tweaker head/cab.I recorded the band Follys Pools latest album "Out Of A Dream" using that Egnater and M13 for  almost the entire album.Using the M13 made it one of the most enjoyable sessions I have ever done and I have done many over the years. You will get it going just be patient. The combination of that Orange amp and M13 should do just about anything you want it to do.

Good luck and Have Fun!