Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Desktop as half a stereo amp setup in DAW

FlyingsCool

I'm interested in splitting my guitar signal, with half going to my amp, and the other half going to the POD.  I did a search, but I couldn't easily find the info I'm looking for....

My idea is to use a passive di box to develop a stereo, or even menage-a-trois amp setup for recording in my DAW...: plug my guitar into my effects pedalboard, put the DI box at the end of the pedal chain, take the thru signal and pass that to my amp, and take the (Radial Prod DI for instance) 150 Ohm XLR out of the DI and pass that to the POD HD Desktop.  Then connect the POD sp/dif connector to my Scarlett 6i6, and mic my amp as I normally do.  This would give me choices up to 3 amps I could record tracks from in my DAW.

I'm assuming I should plug into the XLR input of the POD from the XLR out of the DI box, and choose mic as input source on the POD?