Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Duel AMP Setup

Gfer1484

How do I setup the HD500X too use two amps at the same time, I see that you can add duel amps models and switch between them, but I would like to run two different amp models at the same time using the 1/4 inch left and right outputs to two different amps, so one amp to left output and one amp to right output, running at the same time, can that be done

Sure this can be done. Just place one amp in path A and one in path B. Then adjust the mixer pan control for each path to 100%L and 100%R. Keep in mind that each of the two paths are stereo signals. Also make sure there are no mono or summing effects after the mixer block.

Thanks for the info duncann.

I setup duel amp's 1st/A Treadplate with 412 Tread V-30 2nd/B Treadplate with 412 XXL V-30,noise gate, EQ, I cant believe the sound that I am getting just running threw a Marshall MG100 DFX and Line 6 Spider IV 30.

I am very pleased with the HD500X, you cant be the tone emulation. 

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Technology can certainly be a wonderful thing. I'm quite satisfied with 500x also. There is a downside though. The more you dig in, the greater the chance of subjecting yourself to hours, days, and weeks of frustration; this kind of depends on your personality. If you're the type that likes to try nearly every possibity (which the 500x supplies in large quantities) be prepared for that.

• Haha 1

Hi! I'm also very pleased with pod tones, especially high gain Treadplate, like you. I tried some PDXguitarfreak duel amp patches and with little editing they were awesome. Have you tried them? You can download patches:  http://line6.com/customtone/profile/PDXguitarfreak/. For example "Daves's main tone" worked really well for me. There is also Youtube videos from him: http://youtu.be/hfVNbDtF-9Y.

I agree on the down side, the POD HD500X is not a 4 knob floor pedal and you can easily get upset with it, once you learn and ask questions due your research on how to work the HD500X there is so much to learn and try, inputs outputs, plug in to the front of the amp or fx loop, the list goes on and on, what works for one may not work for others, you always have to tweak a patch.

ceccez I have not tried guitar freak tones, I just finished down loading them and will give them a try. I have down loaded several patches from the web sight, and some are good some are not.

METAL FOR LIFE