5 replies to this topic

#1 xratic

xratic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

Why is it when I use Mic1 as the recording input, it's fine? But when I use Instrum & Mic1, there's little to no mic signal?  The Mic1 gain is set fine for Mic1, but for Instrum & Mic1, there's little to no mic signal even with the gain maxed.  The instrument gain is fine.

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

Try making a dual tone and for Tone A select Mic and for Tone B select Instrument.

#3 xratic

xratic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

How so, Trir?

By creating a plug-in?  

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:25 PM

Are you using POD Farm 1 or 2?

#5 xratic

xratic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Just created the A & B tone in PF2, ran it along with Riffworks, and was impressed by the lack of latency with headphone monitoring from the UX2.  

(I'd had issues lately with the ASIO and had been getting a hideous latency, got it remedied though)  I'm still a little gun shy after that harrowing experience...yes, latency drives me MAD!!  All the things that can cause it....

I can now balance/pan/ both.   

Was this the path you would have chosen, oh Awesome One? :blink: Or, is plugin the true and only way??? :huh:

#6 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

Yes, that is what I was getting at.

FWIW, when I use thew UX2, I typically capture wet and dry (stereo) tracks simultaneously, this can be set up in PF's mixer view under "sends" and enabling all 4 sends in your DAW

This way you can dial in a rough idea of the tone you want without getting it exact, and then add the plug-in to the dry track post processing with endless tweekabilty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users