Photo

Mastering A Recording With M20d

mastering playback recording

Best Answer ArneLine6 , 07 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

We are very happy to hear about all these great ideas and we do monitor the forums. It is actually most important for us to get customer feedback for future products.

Thanks very much to all of you and keep them coming!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 lucvanhaaren

lucvanhaaren

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

I am a very satisfied stagescape user but was looking for this digital recording transfer option also. I can understand the USB and architecture issues, but looking into the technical options of the stagescape I wonder if the digital output that is send over the L6 Link would be an option to use as a digital output signal to a computer. Has anyone looked in to the L6 Link signals?

As there have to be multiple audio streams in the L6 Link transfer I can imagine grate mixing option if I you could get those into a computer. You might even think about 5.1 mixing and recording when setting up main output and the monitoring streams in a certain way.

By the way I like the fader addition in the 1.20 release but would have preferred at least 8 faders per screen and the option to rearrange them. As the Level option can be alterd on screen it would be a nice option to have Pan and Trim on the Knobs. I would also have liked the screen sweep option to switch between the screens as this is the way the other screens work as well. Please be consistent in the GUI. 

#22 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

Okay here is another feature that I would like to see, to be able to use a recording that was made by all participants in the band but when one has missed practice or a gig we can play back a recording where we played the song before minus all the present musicians and maybe backup singers and allow The one that was absent to play off of the pre-recorded material so that it would be a useful tool in practice and live as well.

Also anyone who does not have the daW software could use audacity which is a free program that you can load the wave files from the SD card into and do your mixing. I find the levels are low on my main out recordings for some reason mainly on vocals and haven't been able to figure out why it is that way even though the gig sounded good.

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#23 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

I am a very satisfied stagescape user but was looking for this digital recording transfer option also. I can understand the USB and architecture issues, but looking into the technical options of the stagescape I wonder if the digital output that is send over the L6 Link would be an option to use as a digital output signal to a computer. Has anyone looked in to the L6 Link signals?

As there have to be multiple audio streams in the L6 Link transfer I can imagine grate mixing option if I you could get those into a computer. You might even think about 5.1 mixing and recording when setting up main output and the monitoring streams in a certain way.

By the way I like the fader addition in the 1.20 release but would have preferred at least 8 faders per screen and the option to rearrange them. As the Level option can be alterd on screen it would be a nice option to have Pan and Trim on the Knobs. I would also have liked the screen sweep option to switch between the screens as this is the way the other screens work as well. Please be consistent in the GUI. 

We have 6 faders per screen to allow to align with the hardware knobs and have a secondary control for pan, trim and fx sends.

You can re- arrange the faders. When you re- arrange the encoder strips in stage view the faders are re- arranged in the same order.

Pan and trim are assignable to the knobs.

#24 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

I like the fact that it is not a "swipe" to change screens. It would certainly lead to a slip of the finger and a sudden change in a fader level. In fact, I already have had some "slips" when switching screens in the stage view. Accidentally moving an input. Easy to fix, and no change to level, but with the faders, a "slip" could involve a sudden, and drastic change in level. I hate to compare to studiolive remote, but if anyone here used their early ipod interface, they may have had the problem I had. When you touched a fader strip, the fader jumped to that position. Damn near blew my eardrums...and speakers! And, it was the first thing I confirmed with this 1.2 update. And Line 6 thought of that. You can touch anywhere on the fader and it doesn't move until your finger moves. Which could have been a "swipe" to change screens. I think they got it right making it a button. And I bet the swipe action was considered, and maybe even in an early test version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users