26 replies to this topic

#21 SpiritSeeker

SpiritSeeker

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

I do have another question, I hope it doesn't get lost here, rather than setting up a new topic.

Assuming that I use a third party modeler/profiler, when connecting the L3t, which of the three inputs is it best to use for each signal. 

Guitar will be plugged into modeler.

1. Modeler output ------->  L3t input # ?

2. Audio Interface ------->  L3t input # ?

Thanks

#22 litesnsirens

litesnsirens

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

I would put the modeller into channel 1 or 2 on the mixer on the side of the L3t.  When you say audio interface, do you mean mp3 player or a device used to interface inputs to a DAW on your computer?   I think either way I would use the RCA jacks on the back and just control the volume from the device itself either the mp3 player or the computer.

#23 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

It probably won't surprise you, Bill, to hear that I'd also endorse the approach suggested by litesnsirens .

I'm only "chiming in" with the thought that maybe you should hold off on spending more for an external modeller until after you've had a chance to spend some time playing with your new L3t's inbuilt "Body" and "Verb" controls.

It strikes me that anyone who's a fan of the magnificent, natural resonances that seem to radiate so effortlessly from the Santa Cruz Guitar Company's instruments may very well find that they don't need much more, even when using others, ...be those others solid-bodied or semi-acoustic.  

#24 SpiritSeeker

SpiritSeeker

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:16 AM

It probably won't surprise you, Bill, to hear that I'd also endorse the approach suggested by litesnsirens .

I'm only "chiming in" with the thought that maybe you should hold off on spending more for an external modeller until after you've had a chance to spend some time playing with your new L3t's inbuilt "Body" and "Verb" controls.

It strikes me that anyone who's a fan of the magnificent, natural resonances that seem to radiate so effortlessly from the Santa Cruz Guitar Company's instruments may very well find that they don't need much more, even when using others, ...be those others solid-bodied or semi-acoustic.  

"Knowing a thing or two" is a true gift. :)

Great suggestion.....and yes, the Santa Cruz is truly a very special instrument.  I play it so much that my wife teases by asking if she or the guitar gets more attention. Fortunately for me, she does. :) But in all seriousness, I can't say enough about the SCGC OM.

Great suggestion....when playing my Strat, I rarely play with anything but a clean or higher gain tone. I don't have tube screamers or pedals. I will see how the L3t sounds and reacts to my playing before jumping in. 

For litesnsirens: 

I was referring to my studio interface/converter for my preamps and mixing/mastering gear not an MP3 player. 

Thanks again.

#25 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

"Knowing a thing or two" is a true gift. :)

...But a "gift" is exactly what it is, Bill...

So I reckon taking any pride in it is every bit as stupid as being "proud" of skin colour, ancestry or being able to walk. After all, we had no influence in our "getting" any of them.  :)

Besides, it really does seem that gifts provide a lot more fun when they're shared...

#26 SpiritSeeker

SpiritSeeker

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:49 PM

A quick update for everyone who offered their time to assist me;

I received the L3t and have set up in the studio. I have it connected via line inputs from the line out of my Lynx interface. I wound up picking up a Kemper Amp Profiler and have it connected via digital out to the Lynx digital in. In the Lynx software, I enabled the analog out in mix router to the L3t. My electric solid body gets plugged into the Kemper. My acoustic can be plugged directly into the L3t.

This seems to give me excellent connectivity and functionality and is allowing the Lynx converters to do their work bypassing the Kemper converters for recording and live play.

Anyway, I want to report that the L3t sounds amazing with the Kemper as well as with my acoustic. The Santa Cruz has a Trance Audio Amulet M pickup installed. It sounded very nice through my acoustic amp, but even better through the L3t.

Needless to say, I am very pleased and wish to that everyone here for their help and time.

Thanks

Bill

#27 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'm almost certain that I speak for all of the others when I say that your having made the effort that was required to post your "quest" (whereby you've probably helped countless others) is all the thanks we would've needed.

The additional joy of knowing that you're now able to "spread the spirit" even further, via your performances through this magnificent gear, is "the cherry on the cake".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users