Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stereo Looping i.e. left right amps

biglerd

So I want to run stereo output to two seperate amps. Nothing new there. I'll do double gutiar duty live, with some patches set hard left or right. Nothing hard about that. However, if I want to loop a part say, right, then switch to a left patch, how to I keep my looped part to stay right?

I was just using the vol/pan pedal at the end of my chain to pan. When I change patches, the loop switches to that patch's pan setting.

What would be the proper setup for looping like this? I've seen guys do this live, but not with the HD500.

I don't believe the HD500 Looper will do this. :(

1. You have to be spot on with your "Loop/Play" and "Overdub" foot switch presses for it to work (stay in time) well.
  2. If you do a loop rhythm on a clean patch, then switch to a distortion/lead patch the 'clean' loop will also switch to the distortion patch.

The $500 Roland Looper is nice and may do what you're looking for?

I don't believe the HD500 Looper will do this. :(

1. You have to be spot on with your "Loop/Play" and "Overdub" foot switch presses for it to work (stay in time) well.
  2. If you do a loop rhythm on a clean patch, then switch to a distortion/lead patch the 'clean' loop will also switch to the distortion patch.

The $500 Roland Looper is nice and may do what you're looking for?

Thanks for the reply. I'm confident I can loop my parts, works well if all I want is mono.

I can sorta get it to work with the looper in the post postion. But not well enough to think it's usable. That would be a shame it it can't.

Maybe someone else has tried this?

The looper collapses left and right to mono, so this won't work. You could always add a stereo looper after the HD to do it, though.

Well that's a shame. I'll try to get creative with what it can do stereo. Use the pedal for paning an what not.

Thanks for the replys. I'm sure I will spend some time on the forums as I am new to the HD500. I used the Boss GT8 before, using the amp control and my amps preamp(DSL50). Now I'm getting into using the models on the pod (much better than the boss). I've been recording with the UX1 for many years. Line6 seems pretty solid and popular with the metal/Djent croud.