Photo

Line 6 X2 In Ear Monitor

x2

Best Answer RonMarton , 07 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Tell me I'm dreaming but maybe it could work.

I think you're right on the money with that "maybe", bazza00...

...but where would we be without dreams ?  :lol:

The XDR1 receiver's output was set up to "replace" that from a typical guitar, in other words high impedance with (I would think) more than enough level to drive typical in-ear transducers.

When compared to a "genuine" in-ear beltpack, I'd expect the main sonic deficiencies to be in the bass region, which mightn't be a problem for your vocalist, given the amount of "thump" that usually kicks around on stage.

What will definitely be a problem is the X2's not "playing nicely" in the same "sandbox" as the younger Line 6 Kids. Their RF schemes are incompatible, which almost guarantees drop-out disasters. This, naturally, may also not be an issue for you, should everything else in your "dreamland" be cabled, rather than wireless.

To my mind, the XDR1's high level output may also work better being "buffered" before the transducers by "series wiring" their "conversion" to mono, should you decide to proceed.

This would probably easiest to do with a short adapter cable.

The easiest way to custom make one of those would be to chop the 3.5mm mini-TRS plug off a typical ear-bud extension lead, pare back and insulate its shield-like "common" (to the extent that it can't "short" to anything inside the guitar-jack plug you're adding) and then solder one of the transducers' inner "hot" conductors to the guitar-jack's "tip", with its "mate" (the "hot" to the other) then being soldered to the jack plug's "sleeve" (normally the "shield").

I'll be fascinated to hear how the experiment goes, if this reply hasn't proven too discouraging... 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bazza00

bazza00

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hey out there in music land,

Has anybody had any success using the L6 X2 as an in ear moniitor for VOX ie; sort of using it in reverse. Line out of mixer to transmitter, transmitter to receiver (in VOX back pocket) receiver to VOX ear (mono of course) via wired ear plug. Tell me I'm dreaming but maybe it could work.

Bzzz

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:22 AM   Best Answer

Tell me I'm dreaming but maybe it could work.

I think you're right on the money with that "maybe", bazza00...

...but where would we be without dreams ?  :lol:

The XDR1 receiver's output was set up to "replace" that from a typical guitar, in other words high impedance with (I would think) more than enough level to drive typical in-ear transducers.

When compared to a "genuine" in-ear beltpack, I'd expect the main sonic deficiencies to be in the bass region, which mightn't be a problem for your vocalist, given the amount of "thump" that usually kicks around on stage.

What will definitely be a problem is the X2's not "playing nicely" in the same "sandbox" as the younger Line 6 Kids. Their RF schemes are incompatible, which almost guarantees drop-out disasters. This, naturally, may also not be an issue for you, should everything else in your "dreamland" be cabled, rather than wireless.

To my mind, the XDR1's high level output may also work better being "buffered" before the transducers by "series wiring" their "conversion" to mono, should you decide to proceed.

This would probably easiest to do with a short adapter cable.

The easiest way to custom make one of those would be to chop the 3.5mm mini-TRS plug off a typical ear-bud extension lead, pare back and insulate its shield-like "common" (to the extent that it can't "short" to anything inside the guitar-jack plug you're adding) and then solder one of the transducers' inner "hot" conductors to the guitar-jack's "tip", with its "mate" (the "hot" to the other) then being soldered to the jack plug's "sleeve" (normally the "shield").

I'll be fascinated to hear how the experiment goes, if this reply hasn't proven too discouraging... 

#3 JRAO

JRAO

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hello!Do you have thought out a system in ear?I want to renew material and I would wait for that you bring this system since I have six XDV75. Thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: x2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users