Photo

Antennas for Relay G50

Best Answer dboomer , 25 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

The half wave antennas has a couple of dB more gain than the quarter wave and can be used at the end of a cable. Quarter wave antennas must be used directly on the receiver.

The quarter wave antenna is a bit shorter and less likely to get kicked when your receiver is on the floor.

You could mix them if you wish. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mikerinehart

mikerinehart

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

I am one of those people who always likes to have extra accessories handy in case of problems (cables, etc.) and now that I have gone wireless with the G50 (which I love so far) I am doing the same with it.  I have an extra cable from the guitar to the transmitter but was also thinking it might be prudent to have an extra antenna for the receiver in case one gets broken.  I notice that there appears to be two options available, quarter-wavelength and a half-wavelength antennas that are both compatible with the G50.  I was curious what the difference was between them, and if I just had one extra, can a quarter-wavelength and half-wavelength be mixed on the receiver?

#2 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2767 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:28 AM   Best Answer

The half wave antennas has a couple of dB more gain than the quarter wave and can be used at the end of a cable. Quarter wave antennas must be used directly on the receiver.

The quarter wave antenna is a bit shorter and less likely to get kicked when your receiver is on the floor.

You could mix them if you wish.

#3 mikerinehart

mikerinehart

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Perfect, thanks for the quick response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users