Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

cd/mp3 input is not stereo???

Flight316

Hi, ok so someone please tell me this is not right? For the first time I took my ipod and connected it to my hd500x to play along with tracks to practice. I do have a stereo cable!!!! Thru my headphones it only plays in mono???? WHAT???? Is this this right??/ Or Iam I an idiot!!! and just need to be shown that! LOL please help

Make sure the stereo cable is fully inserted into the Pod HD cd/mp3 input. Make sure the iPod is sending a stereo signal. Test your headphones. Also test the other outputs of the Pod HD; they should also deliver the stereo signal from the cd/mp3 input.

• Upvote 1

It is stereo and a great practice tool.I have found it very easy to balance my HD500 patches with my Mp3/Ipod tracks for practice and learning material.I always make sure my extension cable is good and yes the cable is fully inserted into the jack.

I've found on my HD500X that if I use an adapter for my headphones, I have to jiggle it just right or pull it out and back in just right to get it to work in stereo. I never have that problem with a normal 1/4" cable, just when I use a 1/4" adapter for a 1/8" headphone cord.

It sounds like your adapter is not good.  If the 1/4 inch cables work, it's not a Pod problem but an adapter problem.  I bought an extension cable with 1/4 inch plug on one end and 1/8 jack on the other to use with my Headphones since I needed a longer cable anyway.

Charlie_Watt, in my case I'm sure it's the adapter, although I've had the problem with several adapters and several different sets of 1/8" headphones. I'm sure the POD is fine because it's the 1/8" end that I have to adjust usually, but once it's set, it's not a problem anymore so I don't worry much about it.

That was it!!!!!! I did make sure my headphones were fully plugged into my Hd, but as stated before this responce,, I alike many others use an adapter for my headphones. Problem solved by pulling my headphone out slightly from the adapter. All works great! I can now practice in Bliss!!!! Thanks guys!!

• Upvote 1

That was it!!!!!! I did make sure my headphones were fully plugged into my Hd, but as stated before this responce,, I alike many others use an adapter for my headphones. Problem solved by pulling my headphone out slightly from the adapter. All works great! I can now practice in Bliss!!!! Thanks guys!!

Glad that helped and glad that it was an easy fix.