10 replies to this topic

#1 hzpyzs

hzpyzs

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

I attempted to update the fw to 2.0 on my DT25 1x12. I got some error and decided to ship it.

Some days later I went to use the amp and found that it does post or boot fully. The lights come on, but the topology indicator pentode and triode indicator are off, no sound etc ..

I started to think it was the transformer issue that my DT50 had then I remembered the failed fw update.

I am using M-Audio MIDISPORT USB. I was using another usb to midi adapter and I was hoping getting the M-AUDIO would resolv my issue. No luck. I have tried reloading v1.0. I get the same error. This is what I can see in Monkey.

My ESN # says none ?

Current Flash Memory is unknown

I get the Code 8000000A An undefined error occurred.

I have tried safe mode, verifying the cables etc .. no luck. Please help !!

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15358 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

have you tried pinching the pentode/triode+topology switches together while powering on... hold until the lights start flashing, then release.

this should restore it to factory defaults after that run monkey to see what version of the FW you ended up on and flash again if needed.

also, some people have had success by only using the midi in and not connecting the midi out.

#3 hzpyzs

hzpyzs

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

I tried pinching the switches for over a minute. No lights start flashing. Come to think of it, the errors in Monkey have always been the same. I had issues getting my first midi adapter to even see the dt25. Once they did, I got this same error. So maybe my first guess was correct, maybe he the amp is broke. It's sit's in my living and doesn't get used that often, so maybe it was broke before I started. I guess I will take it to the shop. He is a authorized service center so hopefully he can speak to Line 6 and get it figured out.

Thanks for trying to help. 

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15358 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

have you gone to the m-audio site and got their official drivers... they can make all the difference in the world...

windows will use it as a generic midi device if you don't....

#5 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

I just made a thread so I don't forget how I successfully reinstalled my DT50 flash memory. You can check it out, it may or may not help.

My Thread >> DT50 Head flash memory update instructions

Here's my instructions: DT50 Head Flash Memory Update;

First update MIDI Device (MIDISPORT Uno) Go the website and download and install the most recent driver.

Connect the MIDI cable properly and turn on Amp, I leave it in standby with speaker connected.

Open the Latest Version of Line 6 Monkey, Click the "Change Device" button, Cilck the "I don't see my device" Button, in the next window select "Connect Using MIDI Cables".

In the next window (MIDI Connection Configuration) select MIDI Out and select "MIDI Uno Out" and "MIDI Uno In" then select your specific "Line 6 Device" and when you click "ok" all those windows will close.

Now you can initiate the Flash Memory Update.

Basicly your setting the MIDI Parameters before the update. I have to do this everytime I want to reflash if I don't I'll get the "incorrect parameters" (Code x80000002) error message.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#6 DarrellM5

DarrellM5

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Following the procedure to the letter, it still took me multiple tries to get the firmware to take in my DT25.  It's some sort of issue with the amps as performing the same procedure over and over eventually worked for me.

#7 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

Following the procedure to the letter, it still took me multiple tries to get the firmware to take in my DT25.  It's some sort of issue with the amps as performing the same procedure over and over eventually worked for me.

Thanks for telling us how your flash install went. I understand wholeheartedly, with these devices all sorts of things could be the cause of a particular issue.

Also, I should have menioned that the ESN is missing in Monkey for my Amp. Don't understand why though. After looking into the ESN number missing on the DT50 I'm starting to think that they just don't have one.

Edited by Brazzy, 27 June 2014 - 12:45 PM.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#8 hzpyzs

hzpyzs

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Thanks for the replies. I did have the latest driver. Pretty sure I followed those same steps, I did try multiple times. I had assumed since the amp was acting like my DT50 when it had a failed tranformer, it was time to take it to the only Line 6 authourized service center around. After 10 days he called and said he had determined the the effects board ? had failed and needed to be replaced. He stated that Line 6 recently went to a email only parts process and that so far they had not been able to get in touch with Line 6. I reminded that I had attempted a firmware update and asked if was certain it needs new effects board ?

He just said yes. Kind of makes me wish I still had the amp with me ....

I never got Monkey to show that it could see the v1 firmware, so sadly I don't if it was in fact broken from a failed effects board before I started or if now only appears to be broken to the tech because of the failed update. The hope was that by using a authourized service, he would be in close contact with Line 6 and up to date on all the diagnostic procedures from them. I not really getting that warm fuzzy though..  The guy who runs the store told me Line 6 was bought by Yamaha, who in his opinion is the obsolete worst manuafacture in the world for getting replacement parts   .. Thankfully, I am only doing open jam nights and using the house amp or I would of had to run out and bought another amp already .. For my DT50 it took 3 months for the transformer to be shipped to the dealer ....

#9 chuckewheat

chuckewheat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. I did have the latest driver. Pretty sure I followed those same steps, I did try multiple times. I had assumed since the amp was acting like my DT50 when it had a failed tranformer, it was time to take it to the only Line 6 authourized service center around. After 10 days he called and said he had determined the the effects board ? had failed and needed to be replaced. He stated that Line 6 recently went to a email only parts process and that so far they had not been able to get in touch with Line 6. I reminded that I had attempted a firmware update and asked if was certain it needs new effects board ?

He just said yes. Kind of makes me wish I still had the amp with me ....

I never got Monkey to show that it could see the v1 firmware, so sadly I don't if it was in fact broken from a failed effects board before I started or if now only appears to be broken to the tech because of the failed update. The hope was that by using a authourized service, he would be in close contact with Line 6 and up to date on all the diagnostic procedures from them. I not really getting that warm fuzzy though..  The guy who runs the store told me Line 6 was bought by Yamaha, who in his opinion is the obsolete worst manuafacture in the world for getting replacement parts   .. Thankfully, I am only doing open jam nights and using the house amp or I would of had to run out and bought another amp already .. For my DT50 it took 3 months for the transformer to be shipped to the dealer ....

I know that I swore I wouldn't post anymore........

But it sure looks like another satisfied customer to me !!!!!
I'm just sayin'
E-mail parts only...wait for days....Months.....
Effects board failure kills entire amp set-up....
Dream Rigs turn to nightmare Gigs....

HEEE! HEEE! HEEE!

T-Boner!!!!****Will Personal Messenger 'Ya with times and dates TBA if that's OK???
Have to keep info private.
Remember that I'm a guest at friends homes when we travel.
Hope yer housebroke and have had ALL your shots.
Reguardless, we will hook it up out there OCT. somehow.....
Glad you had sucess with your latest outing.

Have some Rasputin Imperial cold Little Brother,

C.W.
Will keep an eye on things as I need a good laugh once in a while....

#10 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

this sounds a lot more like a fugged up service center than an actual Line 6 service problem... 

of course you will never know but I would bet dollars to doughnuts there is nothing wrong with the effects board...

I guess I am just the lone lucky dude in the universe but I have never had a spot of trouble with any of my Line 6 gear other than a worn pot on my original Spyder 210...

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

#11 hzpyzs

hzpyzs

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the reply. I guess I always assumed that a authourized service center worked closer with a manafacture, maybe that was wishfull thinking. I never got any flashing lights when attempting to reset to factory settings. I never got Monkey to connect and recognize the current firmware. The upgrade always gave me the same error, so although I can see a failed upgrade (corrupted firmware) making a hardware person assume replacing the part was needed, I guess I will never know ...

If there was a phone relationship between the tech and the service center, the tech at Line 6 would have oppurtunity to ask my local guy, did you try reloading the firmware ? That was my thinking by always taking the amp to a authourized repair center. Since I now know no such realtionship exists, and I am out of warranty, I guess I can just ask around for the local amp guru and take it there next time.

My DT 50 now drops volume after getting warm and I have to crank it way louder than normal to be able use it. That I will assume is a sign of failing tubes and no fault of Line 6. Nature of the beast hopefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users