#1 Monter

Monter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:56 PM

Hi

I love this pedal but as soon as I connect it into a chain with other pedals it generates a hideous sweeping noise which swishes in time with the delay light. I am using a Dunlop Power Brick to supply the power, so I am thinking the problem cannot be with that, yet if I power the Echo Park in isolation... It works fine. So what to do? Hoping someone out there has the answer

Regards

#2 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5549 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:18 AM

The DC Brick is causing the problem. The ToneCore pedals are notorious for being noisy on daisy chain power supplies, and even though the DC Brick isn't a literal daisy chain like, say, the Visual Sound One Spot, it still is for all intents and purposes a daisy chain. What I mean by that is that its output aren't electrically isolated from one another. They are just wired in parallel with each other. If you have an actual isolated power supply, like the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus, than each output is isolated. It's like having a bunch of standalone power supplies. There's no crosstalk between the outputs.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

#3 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:36 AM

I use a rechargeable battery pack that I made with 8 Rechargeable D Cell batteries, a battery holder and cable. It has 10 Ah. Works great and I can even daisy a few pedals with it 'cause it lasts for days of playing.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#4 Monter

Monter

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

Well that is what I suspected, thanks a lot for taking the time to reply and making my mind up!!

#5 phil_m

phil_m

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5549 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

One other option that I forgot about until just now is to pick up one of these little DC isolator things.

http://www.jrrshop.com/diagops09

You could put it between the output of the DC Brick and the Echo Park, and it should prevent that noise you're hearing.

Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users