Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I have the HD Pro-X why would I buy an AMPLIFi FX100

hardins1

I have the HD 500x and it's a great machine......................I also have the Amplifi FX100.......

The Amplifi FX 100 is based on the sound engine of the X3 series. I guess in some respects this seems like a few step backwards in tone processing power..................The advantage the Amplifi FX100 has, is the ease and quickness you are able to dial up great sounds on the Ipad/Iphone software................

I'm able to get the sounds I'm looking for quicker than the HD500x............It took me quite awhile to dial in 4 great basic tones on the HD500X but the Amplifi FX100 was so quick that I was able to dial in many very usable tones in a few days....

The disadvantage would be no Intelligent Pitch Shifter and the fact that you cannot toggle effects on and off on the pedalboard of the AMPLIFi FX100 as the board itself is pretty stripped down in comparison.........Changing from patch to patch is not that seamless as in the HD500X.....You have to stop playing momentarily while changing patches or you'll hear the artifiacts of time based effects trying to catch up....You also have less options for outputs on the back.................However, I do find myself actually "Playing More" and using much less time to dial in sounds on the AMPLIFi FX100...................I do prefer editing and tone matching on the Ipad much more than the computer software based editor on the HD500x....To me it's just more intuitive and quicker...........Your mileage may vary 8-)