Photo

Ableton and Riffstation softwares were not in my brand new box of studio UX2. Where can I get them from?

pod hd 500 pod studio ux2 cubase v.5 reason v.5 reaper (free trial) windows 7 64 bit midi to record guitar ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ejaz0801

ejaz0801

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Ableton and Riffstation softwares were not in my brand new box of studio UX2. Where can I get them from?

Also, I have no one else to go to for help. I am trying this recording stuff for the first time and its just driving me crazy. I am tired, No matter what I do, I can get my guitars to start recording. 

When I use Reaper (free version), I can record my guitar with both my POD HD 500 & Studio UX2 which I got today. But none would run in Cubase v.5. I also tried them with Reason v.5, where although I can see the bars go green when I start playing, I just cant get to start recording or see the graphical sound chart like the one which comes in Reaper. Someone, anyone, please help me !

Also, what is MIDI interface, and how can I use it to record guitars.

My intention is to simply record live guitar, maybe loop a drum track of my choice, and add some effects like bells, etc. Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5118 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Not sure the UX2 comes with Ableton or Riffstation.

Make sure you are selecting the Line6 ASIO drivers in your DAW.

As or MIDI, at this point I wouldn't worry about it until you get more accustomed to recording, but long story short, you can not record a normal guitar via MIDI.

#3 ejaz0801

ejaz0801

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

Thank you, got it up and running :)

Can you please suggest a software (free preferred) for making drum loops ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd 500, pod studio ux2, cubase v.5, reason v.5, reaper (free trial), windows 7, 64 bit, midi to record guitar ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users