Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV59 + HD500X Connection Problem?

Hi all,

I was in the middle of a performance today, and I had some problem happen with my guitar.  On my acoustic setting it started changing acoustic guitars on me...then the audio started cutting out.

I unplugged the HD500X and plugged it back in thinking it would reset the issue.  I was still getting the problem, as well as the audio just cutting in and out a bit on all the channels.

Thinking it might be a bad cable I decided to try an Ethernet cable, that didn't solve the problem.

I got home this evening after the performance and tried the bad cable as well as a spare Variax cable, and the problem wasn't happening, though I'm going to keep testing over the next few days..

Does anyone happen to know the issue?

I'm going to try and reinstall latest firmware on both the HD500X and Variax, just in case...but just curious if anyone else had this problem and how they addressed it.

Robert

pls give us more dtls:

-only acoustic patches?

-mags were performing ok?

-other models were performing ok?

-did u try the hd500 with nother el guitar besides the JTV and if yes, was it performing ok?

-did u send the acoustic audiovia xlr 2 pa? pls specify ur conn diagram.

-did u feed the hd500 via ups/voltage regulator, or direct from the el.power socket?

If swapping cables solved the problem, it certainly seems like the cable you were originally using was bad. The symptoms you describe certainly fit within what I'd expect from a bad cable. It happens.

The wierd thing is I used both cables tonight and everything was perfectly fine at home.  Could it have been a power issue on the stage, maybe not enough power going to the HD500X even though the 500X was lit up fine?

As far as the questions jandrio posted...

It began while I was on the acoustic patches...it was switching between different acoustic guitars.

Later on, when I was on my electric guitar sets, I don't remember if it was switching guitars, but the audio was cutting out on it a lot.

Unfortunately I didn't have a backup guitar...but I will test that next week in the same venue and let you know.

I did 2 XLR's out directly into the PA system.

That last question you posed is interesting.  I'm just plugging directly into a cheap power strip into a power outlet.  Should I invest in one of these voltage regulators then?

I did re-install all the firmware as well, so maybe that helped as well.

• Upvote 1

...I'm just plugging directly into a cheap power strip into a power outlet.  Should I invest in one of these voltage regulators then?....

consider this investment as a "health insurance" fee 4 ur equipment.

I always feed my JTV+HD500 via a ups+voltage regulator+surge protector, etc, etc.

I never trust venue's power circuits...