Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

can the pod hd 500x do everything the digitech whammy dt do

evildylan

i have the pod x3 live and plan on buying a pod hd 500x and wanted to know if it can do the same thing the digitech whammy dt can do specifically the down and up tuning feature and can it track as good as the whammy because i read on a different forum that its not good. im wondering if they fixed it as well.

The Whammy generally has smoother tracking than the Pitch Bender effect on the POD. If you're simply doing dive bombs are quick octave effects, you can get good results with the POD. But if you're looking for more, you might need your Whammy. There's also the Smart Harmony effect on the POD that does pitch shifting, but, again, it's still only a monophonic effect. I believe the newest Whammy pedal has polyphonic pitch shifting capabilities.

• 4 months later...

I have all three pedals (HD500X Whammy, and POG)... I'm thinking about getting rid of my Whammy... It's easy to get polyphonic on the HD500X you simply use (2) or more Smart Harmony Effects.. in parallel.  It's VERY easy... I don't know how to get the dive bomb effect though.. BUT.. I really don't want/need too many pedals.  I also have the POG, but the ONLY reason I use the POG is for my looping, I use it for bass lines - it works great.

Thanks,

John