Photo

POD HD ripe for development of AMPLIFi-style GUI !

pod amplifi gui user interface

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jkuche

jkuche

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Line 6, why not develop the same wireless GUI for POD family products ?? What an awesome move!  - playing live, making tweaks on the fly with the sexy, remote AMPLIFi-style GUI . 

Would this development be an ROI issue ? 

Looking forward to some feedback.

(oops - just went over to the Amplifi Fx 100 thread . Looks like this could fit there) 

#2 Digital_Igloo

Digital_Igloo

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCalabasas, CA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

Do you mean tethered to a Mac or PC via a USB cable, just with a GUI refresh? Or an entirely new Bluetooth-enabled POD line?

Product Manager | Line 6

#3 zaphodboy

zaphodboy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:02 AM

Do you mean tethered to a Mac or PC via a USB cable, just with a GUI refresh? Or an entirely new Bluetooth-enabled POD line?

Why not both? Maybe some kind of flush fitting usb dongle for existing users and built in to subsequent PODs.

#4 rogue203

rogue203

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

I used to like the idea of a iPad enabled device -- and owned the Digitech IPB10 because of it. After numerous problems with stability, and lack of upgrades, and because I purchased a JTV Variax, I switched to Line6 equipment, which are much more reliable.

Now, I would prefer that Line6 spend more time upgrading POD features than building yet another interface to the device. Plus, the inevitable Android vs. iDevice wars are annoying.

#5 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:36 AM

Tethering things to specific computer manufacturer's equipment is annoying. I hope to never, ever see the words "iOS only" on anything not made by Apple again. And no more off-device-only patch editing....

#6 BlueViolince

BlueViolince

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

iOS-only doesn't make sense anymore. Android is big enough that for changing settings, either OS should be compatible. Mobile device audio still puts IK and digitech in the toy category for me.

#7 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Playing live and making tweaks on the fly ?  Sheeesh, I have enough to do when playing live, don't want to even think about tweaks.  Even then, the interface on the PODHD is fine for me on the rare times I've had to make a tweak.  I'd rather see some time put into making a better EQ interface - I know that topic has been beaten to death.

#8 nYdGeo

nYdGeo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

Playing live and making tweaks on the fly ?  Sheeesh, I have enough to do when playing live, don't want to even think about tweaks.  Even then, the interface on the PODHD is fine for me on the rare times I've had to make a tweak.  I'd rather see some time put into making a better EQ interface - I know that topic has been beaten to death.

Amen, bro.  I do my setting up and configuring in advance.  When performing, we're performing, living the experience.  I'm moving around far to much and have way too much going on interacting with the audience and band-mates to be tweaking my equipment on the fly.  That's just my 2-cents; not saying that's the way it is for everyone, but I believe that it is for anyone that's having a great time while performing.

#9 bluesoverdrive

bluesoverdrive

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

I used to like the idea of a iPad enabled device -- and owned the Digitech IPB10 because of it. After numerous problems with stability, and lack of upgrades, and because I purchased a JTV Variax, I switched to Line6 equipment, which are much more reliable.

Now, I would prefer that Line6 spend more time upgrading POD features than building yet another interface to the device. Plus, the inevitable Android vs. iDevice wars are annoying.

I agree, I have an iPad and I tell you I dont like to use it to tweek sounds, I like the way POD HD connects to the PC via USB and dont care for bluetooth. That's why I pod a POD HD500X not and Amplify amp+board+ipad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod, amplifi, gui, user interface

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users