Photo

Line 6 driver conflicting with my other driver?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BaylorPRSer

BaylorPRSer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

So I want to use gearbox on my pc and adjust the tones for my pod x3 on my pc. The problem is that whenever I have the usb hooked up to both my interface and the pod, it doesn't work. I need the interface to power my monitors and just want the pod connected so i can tweak tones. How do i set that up?

#2 BaylorPRSer

BaylorPRSer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

So I want to use gearbox on my pc and adjust the tones for my pod x3 on my pc. The problem is that whenever I have the usb hooked up to both my interface and the pod, it doesn't work. I need the interface to power my monitors and just want the pod connected so i can tweak tones. How do i set that up?

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15720 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:35 AM

windows or mac?

the general thing you need to do is make sure your operating system is still setup to use your preferred interface.

it may not be possible, as i cant recall if gearbox will allow routing over a non-line6 interface... but i'd check the OS settings first.

#4 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:58 AM

In general, PCs only allow one audio device (and its drivers) at a time.  You might be able take the audio output from the Pod to the audio input of your interface to drive the monitors (as in direct input monitoring).

#5 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5144 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

On some machines you may be able to use a USB audio interface while only controlling the PODX3 via USB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users