Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

spider valve mkII hd100 pink looking electricity threw tubes, amp blown?

finalomega

Hey everyone, i own a spider valve mkii hd100 and tonight i let it warm up then flipped the master on and pink looking electricity ran threw my back 4 tubes and now i have no sound. Im not very amp savy at all and I'm not sure if my head is blown or what. 3 of the tubes still light up though, but still no sound which makes me question if the tubes are blown or the head is fried if anyone has any insight or can help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you're not very amp savvy I'd take it to the best, most reliable tube amp technician you can find and get him to throw in a matched quad set of 6L6 tubes.

Also he needs to know that the bias setting for those power tubes for this amp are +/- 35 mV

You might want to look up that bias number again just to be 100% sure because I'm going off of memory from a few years ago but I think I got it right. Don't monkey around with stuff inside at all if you don't know what you're doing because you can get a serious zap or worse.

PS: Be ready to shell out probably around 150 or more for all parts and service. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...