Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flashing Tone lights, Amplifi Frozen

pianojunky

Was updating the firmware last night when my iPad suddenly crashed, went to the boot screen with the apple logo and restarted. Since then my amplifi has been a complete brick. When I turn it on all 4 tone lights flash continuously. If I try to restore the amp to factory settings, the lights all light up solid. I can't use anything, Bluetooth won't work, volume knob won't work, guitar won't work. Anyone have any suggestions?! Desperate here because I am supposed to record all day tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

There's got to be a way to restore it to it's factory default condition... Try all combinations of holding the switch buttons down while turning the powere on... and don't forget the volume knob is a push switch too. For example: Try holding down the tone, the tap, and volume knob all at once then turn the power on -- make sure you hold them down for a good long time after switching on. If that does't work try combinations of two switch buttons at a time. If that doesn't then one at a time, etc. There's got to be a way to rest it.

Found this on Google for Line 6's Spider amp (but nothing for the AMPLIFi)...

Question: How do you factory reset an original Line 6 Spider Amp?

Answer: Hold down the A (or clean) button as you turn on the power and hold the button for 5-8 seconds.

I have tried all combination of buttons on start up and nothing has worked, I either get all the tone lights flashing or all the tone lights solid. I did, however, finally get the bluetooth button to work. The amplifi will not connect to the iPad, but I did get it to connect to my iPhone, trying the update over again through my iPhone. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works!!

Okay, I am back in business. Was able to update through the iPhone. Then I encountered a whole new problem...

The Amplifi would show up on the iPhone and iPad as 'Amplifi 75' (I have a 150), it would stay connected for about 2 seconds and then the connection was lost, it did this with both the iPhone and iPad. After messing with the bluetooth setting for about 20 minutes, I decided to restore the Amplifi to factory settings by holding down the Volume and Tone buttons. This did the trick, I was able to connect through bluetooth to the iPad, and it finally showed up in the app as 'Amplifi 150' I hope the future updates aren't this big of a pain!

A side note... restoring the Amplifi to factory settings didn't seem do much more than resetting the bluetooth and putting the factory tones back in the presets. The Amplifi still had the updated firmware on it. 

• 1 month later...

You gotta be kidding me - just bought the 75 Amplifi and the flash update took 4 hours over phone. Now I have 3 updates to choose from - do I need to install in order? Ver 1.00 / 1.00.5 / 1.01 (I would think that the 1.01 would be the choice) The latest release shows 1.01 (Installed) but when I activate the APP it says I have to update (i thought I did that as it says installed??) before I can use it. I click on the version 1.01 and it looks like it's gonna take hours to install? Is there anyone else in this mess? Come on LIne6 - make it right for us who love the products but are not loving the lack of support!

I got the same Issue I turn it on the thing is Bricked with 4 flashing lights I get the message That I have to update everytime I try to use it. I go to settings where the updates and I cant choose one BECAUSE ITS ALREADY UPDATED. I mess around Factory reset it same thing, If I mess with it might turn on might not.

Hi,

I got the same Issue; I turn it on the thing is Bricked with 4 flashing lights, after I lost the WI-FI connection from my iPad. I tried different things like turning power on/off, doing a factory reset (Hold the "tone" and the "volume" buttons down simultaneously while doing a power on), but to no avail.

I finally solved the issue by downgrading the firmware on my amplifi to the previous version (1.00.5) - Since I was not able to perform a new installation of the  1.01 firmware from my iPad. The downgrade worked, and THEN I was able to upgrade to the 1.01 firmware afterwards. The amplifier works OK now, but it now seems to think it is an Amplifi 75. It turms up as "Amplifi 75" on my iPad although it is in fact a 150..... Strange..????

• 1 year later...

Was updating the firmware last night when my iPad suddenly crashed, went to the boot screen with the apple logo and restarted. Since then my amplifi has been a complete brick. When I turn it on all 4 tone lights flash continuously. If I try to restore the amp to factory settings, the lights all light up solid. I can't use anything, Bluetooth won't work, volume knob won't work, guitar won't work. Anyone have any suggestions?! Desperate here because I am supposed to record all day tomorrow.

All four lights are lit up and can't get it to reset or come on. Help

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Amplifi 150

If i turn the switch on i get a dim B (on the tone select) and a dim bluetooth light. If i switch it off and on i get it to power up and will stay on. bluetooth will come in and out on occasion. from my experience thats typical Line 6. called tech support ( or lack there of) told me it is probably the power board. which i had changed. till i figure it out i have a $500 door stop. Not sure why i keep giving Line 6 another shot. constantly let down. if only their equipment was as good as the ideas.