Photo

Does anyone know who make the amplifiers for the L3t?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randychesbro

randychesbro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

I was wondering who made the amps was it Line 6 or someplace like Crown or??? Do we know who makes the speakers or are they line6 only?

also I see they are rated at peak power I was told they were 1000watt continuos 1400peak do you know if thats true?

Can we change the crossover point when we use a sub or is it set at its own point?

thanks...

#2 ArneLine6

ArneLine6

Line 6 Staff

• Product Management
  • PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:25 PM

You can set the crossover frequency manually at 80, 100 or 120Hz. The drivers are custom made by Celestion. The power of all amps combined is 1400W peak/ 700W RMS.

http://line6.com/dat...h ( Rev A ).pdf

The power spec is one thing. It could be more useful to look at the maximum DBSPL @ 1m which tells you how loud the speaker can get. For the L3's it is 132 dBSPL measured. Most manufacturers spec a calculated dBSPL value which is a theoretical value that disregards limiters etc. Our 132 dBSPL is actually measured in a real life situation.

#3 randychesbro

randychesbro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:38 PM

Thank you, do you make your own amps?

#4 DuekDuek

DuekDuek

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

you talking about DBSPL, perhaps you can give an explanation in this thread for the L3S?! in the specs i can find the following text: depends on the configuration.

but what does that means????   100 dbSPL with L2T and 120 with L3T???? or always the same like the tops????  please let me know this!

and a hint for you line 6 guys: the guy who wrote the specification on the german website copy the specs from L2T into the column of the L3s. This is wrong and confusing!!

#5 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2765 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

dBSPL MAX is the "pressure level" at 1 meter when driven to full power.

Some manufacturers specify it from "calculations".  That's with the wind at your back and going downhill.  The number usually appears to be 10-15 dB higher than the number you would get by measuring.

Line 6 specifies the "measured" value in a real world situation.  That's probably what most users really want to know ... "how much maximum output can I get?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users