Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pro HD: How do I default a preset to load muted and / or zero CC on vol pedal?

ChristopherDuncan

I have Cubase loading my presets, which of course takes a second or two. That's fine, but what I'd like is to have the preset set up so that when it loads, it's muted.

I've been attempting to do this by including a volume pedal, but can't find any way to have it start at zero. The CC / volume value seems to automatically go to full when the preset loads and not change until I explicitly fire a CC. And since I can't really talk to the preset via CC until it's loaded, what I get is a one or two second blip of hiss, etc before it's loaded and I can fire a CC for volume zero.

I know a noise gate will mitigate the hiss, but at the moment I'm trying to understand the art of the possible with this amp, as today it's a volume I want defaulted, tomorrow it'll be something else controlled by CC that I'd like set to a specific value when the preset loads.

So, I guess this is two separate questions, really.

1. How do I set up a preset so that it loads muted?

2. How do I set up a preset so that a CC controlled parameter starts at a predefined value?

As always, grateful for any insights you can offer.