#1 mmotta

mmotta

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Hey there,

I am curious what you all think would be a better set up when playing live...

An Amplifi 150

or

An fx100 with one of the stagesource speakers....

to my understanding there is no way to connect the Amplifi to the Stagesource set up.. :( with out miking it at least. and obviously without using the headphone out.

#2 ColonelForbin

ColonelForbin

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

For playing live? Spend the extra $200 over the FX100 and get an HD500x. Way, way, way more options to route sound out of it. Just my opinion, based on not having any AMPLiFi related gear. I've got an HD500, a DT25, and a pair of L2t's.

Here's a thread actually comparing those two:

Pod HD vs. Amplifi FX100

http://line6.com/sup...-amplifi-fx100/

"Searching for a distant star, Heading off to Iscandar

Leaving all we love behind, Who knows what dangers we'll find?"

#3 Leftzilla

Leftzilla

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

I think it depends what you are trying to do. An HD500x into any of the Line 6 Stagesource systems has the most versatility/controllability.  But that being said (I have not used the FX100 but have been using an HD500x direct into a PA for quite some time.  I have also recorded two albums direct from the floor board)  the HD500x has frustrated some users with not being able to dial in a good sound quickly (At least "quickly" to their tastes) so that unit may be overkill for what you are trying to do.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amplifi, fx100, stagesource, lt3, l2t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users