5 replies to this topic

#1 randychesbro

randychesbro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

Im having a little trouble with having the L3t connect to my HD500 using the L6Link. I did go purchase a data/dmx cable for it today but ended up with the same issue as when using a good mic cable..  

Is there a step by step process I need to do to have it connect every time? it seems random.  If i turn off the HD500 to reset it and back on it doesn't connect to the L3t I reed turning them off and on but no go.  If i leave it off for a bit and then on it connects. I worried that if I'm out giving and the power goes off or whatever happens then I can start back up and running quickly.

anyways if there is a process I need to do to have them connect every time please let me know.

side note.  If I go xlr out of my Hd500 can i go to the line input at the top where the rca inputs are? I know it works but its way lower volume.

am I not supposed to do that?

thanks 

#2 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Are you turning on the pod first, letting it finish booting and then turning on the L?

THAT'S MR. TROLL TO YOU BUDDY!!!

#3 zaphodboy

zaphodboy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

I use a DMX cable to run from my HD500 to an L3m. First I turn on the pod, let it boot then turn on the speaker. I don't know if there is an 'official' order to boot them but this works first time, every time for me. 

Good luck.

#4 randychesbro

randychesbro

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Maybe I wasn't waiting long enough. I guess i figured it would recognize it like USB, plug it in and it see it.

Another Question. If i go into the L3t inputs It sounds like I plugged into a sound board directly with all the high end nasty grit. is there a setting I need to change?

thanks

#5 Tboneous

Tboneous

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:25 PM

You may need to change your output settin on the HD.

THAT'S MR. TROLL TO YOU BUDDY!!!

#6 zaphodboy

zaphodboy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:28 PM

Maybe I wasn't waiting long enough. I guess i figured it would recognize it like USB, plug it in and it see it.

Another Question. If i go into the L3t inputs It sounds like I plugged into a sound board directly with all the high end nasty grit. is there a setting I need to change?

thanks

Again, I'm not sure what the L6 official settings are supposed to be but I have mine set with the POD in 'studio/direct' and the L3 in 'electric guitar' mode. To my ears this gets rid of all the nastiness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users