Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So I have a JTV, HD500X,and a DT25 and I'm looking to ad an L series to the Dream Rig. I'm looking for some advice on which to purchase. I like to get loud but I also play in my Condo at times. Will the L3 play low enough for condo use? I also play a little bass and saw that the L3 will dedicate a driver to the low end frequencies which I thought might be better for the bass.I will eventually want to add to the system ( I just saw that Sweetwater dropped the price on the MD20 by another $500 ). Anyway I would love to hear some opinions. Thanks.

I play a JTV through an HD500 into an L3m. You can definitely get the volume low enough and it's INSANELY loud at gigs. Depending on what sort of volume you need at gig levels you may well be just fine with the L2. It's lighter and more portable.

I play a JTV through an HD500 into an L3m. You can definitely get the volume low enough and it's INSANELY loud at gigs. Depending on what sort of volume you need at gig levels you may well be just fine with the L2. It's lighter and more portable.

Does your l3m have the dreaded "rattle".

Thanks for the replies guys! I've combed the forums for the rattle issue with the L3 but only found 1 or two people that have had issues and one of them had a rogue screw floating around the bottom of the cabinet. Nothing compared to the plethora of rattle posts with the L2. That was one of the issues that concerned me though. I thought maybe if I waited long enough for the L2 ( if that was the one that I was going to get ) that the new fans might be installed by the time I bought mine. Thanks again for the replies.

Does your l3m have the dreaded "rattle".

No, but I had to return the first one because it kept cutting out so this is my 2nd unit. I have had this for 6 months now and fingers crossed it hasn't missed a beat.