Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Ok I have seen on the Line6 website that a number of FBVs are compatible with the Pod HD Pro Rack. Problem is I see tons of people having problems with the different FBVs . Now I want to make sure that every single switch on the FBV will work with my POD Pro HD Rack I dont want to buy the wrong one which I believe I almost did even though the site said it was compatible. 

This is the one that I think will work no problem The FBV MKII http://line6.com/footcontrollers/fbvshortboardmkii.html

I have read it has to say MKII or will not operate properly with my rack HD. I just want to make sure also theres a smaller FBV Express MKII http://line6.com/footcontrollers/fbvexpressmkii.html  Does this FBV also work with a POD Pro HD ?? I really want to getthe looper working and I want to buy now. If someone could answer me from Line6 or a person who has these items I sure would appreciate it incredibly. Thank you very much Dan.

• 3 years later...

yes, compatible.... just limited to preset selection within a single bank..... can't change banks, and can't control individual effects on/off or anything else that the shortboard is capable of.

Hi !

I understant that FBV Shortboard is the best board available and perfectly compatible with Rack Unit Line6 POD HD PRO X.

But, after all, what about FBV Express MKII ? Is it not fully compatible ?

• 6 years later...

This is a really old topic but i hope someone will answer this. I purchased a line 6 pod hd500x. Loved the sounds currently have 2 dt 50 amps which the pod hd500x controlled perfectly. But im 68 years old now and currently haven’t been on a stage for going on 5 years. So i decided as long as the pod hd pro x rack was electronically identical to the hd 500x that id prefer the rack model. So thats great no bending over to edit. But now no foot controller. Knowing me instead of buying the mk II like I’ve seen is the controller designed for the pod hd pro i bought the FBV 3. Oh well the colored lights only work with one of line 6 weird amps so the buttons are red. So the looper works fine, but i dont know how to change functions . I cant bank up or down and i cant select a preset. Anybody have an answer here. I dont understand why line 6 didnt just make the mk2 work with everything then to make more money make the FBV 3 comparable. Way back i had a couple vettas and flex tones. I had a short board and a longboard with 2 expression pedals built in and either pedal worked with either amp. Sombody asked about the mk express? I think there are just too many thing you can’t control but would want to with the pod rack hd. I know helix has its own 600 dollar foot controller but the helix is way more complex. Don’t buy a FBV express for your pod hd rack. This is so frustrating I’ll finally in a couple years get it ti work like i want and ill get the helix bug, because it’s about time for line 6 to pull it’s usual gag taking the most advanced guitar controller and throw it under the bus. Line 6 barely has any heratage equipment. They will never reissue anything. It’s hard to hold loyalty sometimes. The helix is older full but extreme expensive but just like the best amp line 6 ever sold the dt. You can pick up a dt 50 head for 150 bucks , i actually paid 225. For my head. Once a thousand dollars. All those people who paid full price i feel awful. The hd50 212 was near 1500 dollars, I po aid 299 for my 212 boat anchor. This is a great sounding amp. I was pleasantly surprised the speakers sound so good i was taught way back n the 1950s that i should match dual speakers. Not just ohms but rms power and id say manufacturer. But that amp weighs over 80 pounds. I had to put heavy casters on that. I think the head and a very good speaker cab is the best. Some say the dt25 is preferabl to the 50? Why? Sonically they are identicle. If you play it at all you’ll want the 50 watts. But to each his own. Sorry for wandering. I really kneed wisdom on the foot controller. Thanks