11 replies to this topic

#1 peter3006uk

peter3006uk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Hi All, lately I am having quite a lot of trouble with my Pod XT Live floor effects.

When I call up a patch while playing, it will sound OK for the first few seconds and then lose some volume and sound really dull.

Also when I have selected a patch the screen on the pod will change between the name of the patch and the dialling buttons (like when you edit the patch) I hope this makes sense.

It will keep on doing this constantly. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Because for the moment I am thinking of throwing the whole unit out and getting a different one as I am gigging 2 / 3 times a week I have to be able to trust on my gear.

Any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

#2 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2617 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

Playing at volume can actually vibrate the knobs out of position causing it to go to edit mode, change parameters etc. Try this: give all the knobs a good number of fast turns to both extremes. Repeat a few times. This may help clean up the pots a bit. Now when playing park all the knobs at the 'zero' position and this should hopefully stop you going into edit mode.

There may be other issues but try that first.

#3 peter3006uk

peter3006uk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

Hi Thanks for the reply, and sorry if I did not explain myself clearly.

It is not the actual knobs that move but the edit knobs on the display screen of the Pod XT live,

the ones you see moving when you edit a patch, so not the actual physical knobs you turn.

I really hope this makes sense

Another thing that happened after I had not connect it to my iMac for a while is that I get the following error messages when trying to connect the Pod XT Live:

Code 8000720C Failed to save patches to local disc

Code 8000900C Midi device timed out waiting for a response

I get these on my iMac and on my Macbook, so I think there is something seriously wrong. This all happened after I downloaded patches from a website.

When I try to connect to the Pod XT Live through midi cable I get the following:

An exception was caught

Type: Java.Lang.OutOfMemoryError

Any help please??

#4 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2617 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

The vibrations can cause the real knobs to move a minute amount (which you cannot see), which can cause the display knobs to go into edit mode. Please try what I suggested.

Are you using USB to USB cable or USB to MIDI cable? If you are using the latter then make sure you are using a decent brand cable, as the cheap ones often do not work for MIDI SysEx. Line 6 recommend the MIDISport Uno.

If you are using Line 6 Edit (which can produce Java errors) try GearBox instead as this doesn't use Java at all.

What version of software do you have on your PodXT? Check on the unit by pressing on the Tuner button and scrolling down to the very last page and it will display your flash version, or use Monkey.

#5 peter3006uk

peter3006uk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

Hi thanks again for the reply,

I have been trying both, USB to USB and USB to Midi.

Usb to Midi is M-audio one, which I have been using for a few years now, mainly to connect my keyboard to the Mac, and have had no problems at all with this lead.

I have started to use gearbox instead of Edit, but with Gearbox as well it can not connect to Tonelocker.

As for the version: Pod XT live version 3.01 USB V1.12

#6 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2617 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

Sorry my Mac knowledge is zero, hopefully someone else can chime in on that issue.

#7 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15721 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

gearbox originally had access to guitarport online built in, they've discontinued the service.

you can get tones at: http://customtone.com

#8 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:06 AM

Hey there - for the midi timeout code "Code 8000900C Midi device timed out waiting for a response" I've read that that error can happen when using a usb hub. L6 gear does not function well with usb hubs. If you could try it on a friend's PC to see if it is the PC or the XTL might help in eliminating a variable.

Like Mr_Arkadin I've no knowledge on the Mac stuff either. But I would stick with working on the USB/USB route.

-B

#9 nachodividido87

nachodividido87

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm having the same problem with my hd400. I understand what peter3006k means with "it's not a knob problem" beacuse it sometimes turns the effect to the maximum or the minimum. There's no way that a vibration causes such a movement. Any news about this problem??????????????

#10 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2617 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

As your device is completely different it may well be a completely different issue to the OP, he didn't describe your max/min problem at all.

You should really start a thread in the HD forum about this.

#11 jamminjoe1964

jamminjoe1964

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

I too am having the same problem with the xtlive. the unit has done this for awhile. went to line6 monkey to try to reset factory presets.(as I have messed with everything to get that tone I want. Monkey recognizes my unit but is not connecting to internet it says but here I am on the net.HELP!!!

#12 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

Hey Jammin Joe!

You can download the flash memory to your hardrive and then use the flash from file via monkey.

Cruise over to the L6 Software page put in your info and away you go!

-B

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound changes, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users