Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need headset for V-75 beltback

Hello,

Please advise on which headset I should get to replace the HS-70 that I bought for my V-75 system. Your mic gives way too much feedback and terrible noise no matter where I place it on my head, position myself on the stage, set my levels, use a different mixer, change cables etc. I am looking at the Countryman H6DW5T-L7 H6 Directional Headsets, but was hoping to find something less than $525 as I have already invested $140 in a non-returnable HS-70.

I am a professional speaker and use the system with a portable Behringer PA system which I cannot upgrade or modify so please don't rip on my choice of "budget" components. My handheld V-70 sounds great through my rig, but I need hands-free. I can find dozens of headsets for other manufacturers' transmitters but not many for Line 6 and I am not able to re-wire connectors. Please help!

The HS-70 headset is an "omni-directional" mic.  That means it picks up sound from all directions.  You may find that a cardioid or other directional mic will help reject feedback.  I don't know what you mean by "terrible noise" using the HS-70.

Omni mics are generally less noisy and don't suffer from P-popping or moving around on your head as cardioid mic do.  Omnis are also much easier to work with if you have a beard.  Cardioids will usually allow level before feedback, but it depends on how you place the mic in relationship to your speakers.

Almost any headset that is wired for Shure wireless system will directly plug in and work.  Different mic have different sensitivities so you'll probably want to get one that is normal intended for speech as opposed to singing.  But again it just depends on what you are doing.  I have had some issues using inexpensive "dynamic"headset mics and would suggest that you keep to "condenser" styles however.

I would also highly recommend that you keep any mic behind the speaker system to minimize feedback problems.