#2 Leftzilla

Leftzilla

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

Yes and very happy with jtv89f. I also have jtv59 and while some people feel the graphtech piezos sound better than the lr piezos I personally cant separate the sound differences since both guitars play physically different. My band swears the jtv89 acoustics sound better but when I do a recording of both guitars they couldnt tell the difference. I really like the magnetic pickups in the 89f.

#3 clay-man

clay-man

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Yes and very happy with jtv89f. I also have jtv59 and while some people feel the graphtech piezos sound better than the lr piezos I personally cant separate the sound differences since both guitars play physically different. My band swears the jtv89 acoustics sound better but when I do a recording of both guitars they couldnt tell the difference. I really like the magnetic pickups in the 89f.

Ghosts are really high quality piezos that are built to minimalize if not completely eliminate bad piezo characteristics, like the quacking and all.

I'm not too familiar with the new LR baggs system, but I know it's a major step above the original Variax 1 piezos, and  that's why people say the JTVs sound better than the V1 Variax, because it gets rid of some piezo artifacts.

I'm not sure how well it stacks up to the Ghost system, but I'm sure it's very high quality since it's SPECIFICALLY designed for the Variax this time. Variax 1 piezos were just x-bridge piezos stuck into it, and it wasn't really designed for the stuff the Variax is trying to do, but it passes with some minor flaws.

For a minute there, I lost myself.

Radiohead_bear-728286%5B1%5D.png 

#4 ethyl80

ethyl80

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

I wasn't 100% - I'm wondering if anyone has "hacked" the GraphTech Piezo's in the 89f to also work with GrapTech's Ghost MIDI Hexpander system to be able to plug into string synths. 

#5 OZLO

OZLO

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

Does anyone know if the wrap around version of the Graphtech bridge will fit into a JTV 59? I am interested in the string saver saddles it uses.

#6 tomb68

tomb68

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTejas

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

Bump...

I am also interested in this. 

#7 toasterdude

toasterdude

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:11 AM

Triple bump.

#8 Melissiah

Melissiah

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationQuébec

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Totaly awsome sauce

The feel of play is like an Ibanez RG serie of 1000$, flawless stay in tune whatever you do. Really challenge my 3k$ musicman john petrucci with the fun to play but add the versatility of the variax...

My only negative point on JTV-89f is that I never use mag pickups. I think they almost suck and position #2... I can't forgive them that they made half humbucker instead of half both to sound like strat #2 or ibanez #2 or petrucci middle...

but again

Totaly awsome sauce

My Dream Rig Studio:

http://line6.com/sup...your-dream-rig/

My dream rig presets for now 1.9

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Melissiah.zip

www.monsieurmaxime.com/resources/Shine%20on.zip

#9 marcwormjim

marcwormjim

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Bump. I just ordered an 89F, and will be installing a GK3-external - If anyone here's tapped off the graphtech leads for a ghost system, I want to know what/if any buffering was required.

#10 israz99

israz99

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Totaly awsome sauce

The feel of play is like an Ibanez RG serie of 1000$, flawless stay in tune whatever you do. Really challenge my 3k$ musicman john petrucci with the fun to play but add the versatility of the variax...

My only negative point on JTV-89f is that I never use mag pickups. I think they almost suck and position #2... I can't forgive them that they made half humbucker instead of half both to sound like strat #2 or ibanez #2 or petrucci middle...

but again

Totaly awsome sauce

Totally agree that the 89F guitar itself is very well made, the fret job is real good, action is low with no buzz, great floyd rose and a very resonant guitar but as you have said here the mag pick ups are totally useless, I'll be changing at least the bridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users