Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX Send to external pedals and 1/4 inch outs

videoman77

I didn't want to hijack someone else's post from earlier, but i have a question about 4cm with external pedals.  I already know to hook fx send to pedals the back to the mono return. Just like you would if i were running to an external amp.  But what output should i use for a PA system?  I current run XLR left out to the PA, but i get hissing from the FX loop.  The video i watched here shows using a 1/4 inch cable output to amp or pa.  Is that correct?  if my effects look is mono unbalanced (1/4) does my output need to be the same?

I've never used the 4CM but it appears from the video that it's for a "Guitar Amp".

I do use the XLR left out to various PA's (live).

Placement of your "Effects Loop" in your patch chain affects your sound.

I usually/always use my "Effects Loop" pedal (BBE Sonic Stomp) before the amp for better tone and sound.

If I put the "Loop" pedal after the amp, it can distort or indeed add more 'hiss' to my sound.

Yes there is an 'input' and 'output' level adjustment for the 'loop' but that seems to really suck 'tone' from my sound, hence the reason for placing it as I do. ;)

Who knows a different pedal may need to be at a different spot in the chain. It's all about trying different things to get what you like.  :D