Photo

Removing T-75 Speaker Buzz

Best Answer BillBee , 18 July 2014 - 03:15 AM

If you are talking about the classic greenback GT12 - the best way is to change to another speaker like a V30. The 75's early breakup is what they are known for. You could try dialing in less lows and highs and boost the mids but its not going to help that much. IMO a great speaker.

-B

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 357mag

357mag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

Is there a way to reduce the buzziness of the Celestion T-75 speaker? I've always liked the sound of it but it has a buzzy and fizzy sound to it. Is there a certain frequency that can be adjusted to alleviate this?

#2 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:15 AM   Best Answer

If you are talking about the classic greenback GT12 - the best way is to change to another speaker like a V30. The 75's early breakup is what they are known for. You could try dialing in less lows and highs and boost the mids but its not going to help that much. IMO a great speaker.

-B

#3 357mag

357mag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

A T-75 is not a Greenback. A T-75 is a T-75 which is a 75 watt speaker.

#4 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

My bad then, delete the greenback part. I have a pair of the GT12s in a Marshal 2x12 and love them - high gain goodness but that is what they do well.

Here is a great resource: http://celestion.com...duct/15/g12t75/

Use that and balance your EQ settings - roll back the pre's gain let the master vol do its work - your cab (open - closed, etc) will effect it too. Depending on how ham fisted our bass player is I will adjust mids and highs - bass is nominal as he will carry most of that range. But I do enjoy the early breakup/fizz.

Though if you are having unusual fuzziness (not due to your preamp,etc.) check the hardware and cones - tears happen.

BTW I wasn't being flippant regarding the V30s - sometimes a switch of speakers is the magic bullet we are looking for. Keep your eyes open and if you see a good deal consider trying them out.

-B

#5 357mag

357mag

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:23 AM

I mean is there a way to reduce the buzziness of the T-75 speaker in the POD X3. I'm not playing through an amp. I practice with my POD X3 Pro.

#6 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

Ugh..... :blink:

Dude you might want to try posting this in the X3 section and be more descriptive as to how your patch is set up (include the part about no amp and what you are listening to it through).

-B

#7 Mr_Arkadin

Mr_Arkadin

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2615 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Moved. Hopefully the post will make more sense now.

#8 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:44 PM

I mean is there a way to reduce the buzziness of the T-75 speaker in the POD X3. I'm not playing through an amp. I practice with my POD X3 Pro.

Was just playing around with the T 75 Cab sim and it seems it's buzziness depends greatly on the Amp Model you use. Noise Gate was not on and I tried the Bomber with the drive at 0, turned the tone stack and presence down some too, added a mild red comp and it was still buzzy like. Switched to the Tweed Bassman leaving everything else the same and it was way less buzzy. I ran the Cab sim with the 57 on axis right up to the speaker.

Tweed Bassman Patch

Bomber Patch

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users