5 replies to this topic

#1 adrian_52

adrian_52

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hello, I'm sorry about posting in this section about XT, but there's no section about the X3 Live.

I have a X3 Live with a effed Trim Pot, doesn't matter if I rise or lower it, I get reaaaally low level, even boosting the comp to max, I just can't get enough level.

I've read some threads about it, but none of them explains the actual problem, if it's the pot I can solder a new or a different one to it.

Anyone got an idea of how I can fix this? I'm very interested on fixing it as I sing live with this device, and I'm very interested in the vocoder.

Thank you very much for your help!

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17759 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

moved topic to x3 section.

the trim pot is real sensitive... in my experience the first 90% of the adjustment is not useful..

and adjusting within that last 10% is sometimes difficult....

your mic may factor in as well....

the x3 and x3 live do not have phantom power.

#3 adrian_52

adrian_52

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

moved topic to x3 section.

the trim pot is real sensitive... in my experience the first 90% of the adjustment is not useful..

and adjusting within that last 10% is sometimes difficult....

your mic may factor in as well....

the x3 and x3 live do not have phantom power.

Hello, I tried different dynamic mics, Shure SM58, Sennheiser... but no way, no matter I turn it up or down, the only way to make it sound is raising the compressor gain to insane levels... And still that way it has really low volume... I also tried a different cable...

Any technical advices I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

#4 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 17759 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA
  • Registered Products:17

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

dont know enough internally to advise you about a technical fix...

but you might try picking up something like this as a workaround:

http://www.amazon.co...p/dp/B0002E50MC

it will also do phantom power so maybe that will benefit as well?

if you'd rather just get what you have working, try an authorized service center, i suspect it will be more than simply getting a used replacement... or at least close enough to the cost of a used one to not be worth it in my mind.

#5 Brazzy

Brazzy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2309 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.
  • Registered Products:16

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hello, I tried different dynamic mics, Shure SM58, Sennheiser... but no way, no matter I turn it up or down, the only way to make it sound is raising the compressor gain to insane levels... And still that way it has really low volume... I also tried a different cable...

Any technical advices I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Have you tried a preamp model of somesort? With my X3 Pro I use the American Classic preamp with dynamic ans condenser mics.

"SoundCloud Playlist"

#6 adrian_52

adrian_52

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, tried all preamp models... but all of them have no volume at all... If the problem is the pot, I can easily change it for another one...