6 replies to this topic

#1 wolfies

wolfies

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:13 AM

Well I was trying to launch line 6 monkey the other day and after having the POD XT Pro work flawlessly over the time since I bought several years ago, for some reason the USB decided not to be recognized. I have followed every thing you are supposed to do,(i.e, unplugged it, different usb port, NOT in a USB HUB). I am able to connect the unit via MIDI but not USB.

I tried to do a WINDOWS 7 System restore but I cannot undo what ever happened. When I look in Device manager I see a flag next to a UNKNOWN DEVICE  When I click properties of that file I see  with in the item description window , Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I have tried updating the usb drivers and every time I cannot

When Monkey starts it scans for USB & MIDI it sees my VARIAZ USB that is connected but not on. ( JTV )

I see the PODXT PRO midi turned on and connected but where once was a USB connected device is not.

I have tried everything I know how to do and I am sad to think that this unit perhaps has seen better days. PLEASE HELP!!

#2 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLivonia, Michigan

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

Just as a check can you try a different usb cable? if that fails too, another PC? Just to see if its the unit, cable or PC?

#3 wolfies

wolfies

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

tried another PC & new cable negative no go.

markallanwolfe.com

#4 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:50 AM

Ouch - if it was a XT bean I would say look to the PS at this point, but for the XTPro its internal. 

Sorry my man - hopefully someone else will pop in who might have another idea prior to "submit a support ticket". 

-B

#5 Alan789

Alan789

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

I have the same problem with my XT Pro. It isn't recognised even in safe mode.

#6 muldowneyfred

muldowneyfred

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

I have the same problem with my XT Pro. It isn't recognised even in safe mode.

I have just purchased a new POD HD500X and have exactly the same problem. I have tried just about everything that I could find on the internet..

#7 BillBee

BillBee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

I have just purchased a new POD HD500X and have exactly the same problem. I have tried just about everything that I could find on the internet..

Hey There,

Welcome to the forums - you should cruise over to the HD section as you might receive a faster and more relevant reply.

Be sure to list your setup and what you have tried so far and any revelant messages from L6 Monkey.

Standard 1st tests usually are:

Try a different usb cable - do not use a hub btw

Power supply too - if you have one

Try it on a different pc

-B

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: podxt pro, usb not working, update failed, usb worked now it does not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users