Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V75 Handheld keeps muting itself

I have 6 XD-V75 units in my rack, and recently, I've noticed that one of the mic's has been muting itself. Power it on, lock the controls, all seems good. Short time later (less than a few minutes), the mic is muted.

I've downloaded the latest Monkey software and will see if I need to update anything, but are there any other ideas as to what can be the issue?

That shouldn't be happening if you have engaged the lockout switch behind the battery compartment.  So if it is I suspect some hardware problem.

I assume that you have tried the problem transmitter with more than one receiver to see if the problem stays with the transmitter?  Otherwise it is possible that the individual receiver may have a problem.

Actually, I haven't thought of using the problem transmitter with a different receiver. I did get a chance yesterday to go in and update all of the firmware. Receivers are now running 2.04 and transmitters are 2.10. 

If the issue persists, I will definitely try swapping out the receivers/transmitters.

Also, I did notice a small crack in the battery holder compartment, can a loose battery connection cause the transmitter to reboot into muted mode?